Thinking about a 4" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going to put it on my 14 Ram 1500 with the stock 33" tires and 20" wheels. I currently Have the Bilstein shocks set at 2.1 in the front. SO what Rough Country kit would you recommend? ( I am going rough country because I am on a budget).

Slightly concerned I may be to tall for my garage with the lift but she fits with the level so [emoji2369][emoji23]

Also concerned it will look stupid on the stock tire wheel set up.

IF you think I should stay just leveled speak up!07bb09fe7d7726d173fd7981d3a76a38.jpg

Last edited:

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a Rough Country 4” lift on my 2013 1500 Sport Crew Cab and it fits height wise by inches and I have 17” wheels with 35” BF Goodrich AT KO2 tires. I love the ride and definitely recommend the kicker braces to help the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i think having the level with tires that have an aggressive looking side profile are awesome! I like my level and the funny thing is my right knee is giving me a lot of issues that aren't going to get any better (old enough for osteoarthritis, not old enough for another 8 years for kneed replacement surgery) that 2 inch front level made the world of difference in how hard it is to get out of my truck, even with steps. the other thing..and i know it may seem silly, but pardon my OCD.. it's easy to get into the habit of sliding out of the truck to get out. I think over time that will wear out the cloth cover of my seat. so now i'm trying to learn the habit of lifting myself up as i get out.

the pains of leveling/lifting a truck, is real.:dogpile:

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got the ReadyLift 4" kit on my truck with 275/65/20 Cooper STT Pros. Those tires spec out to be a 34" tire. I think it looks great!! Once these tires run their course and are ready to be replaced, I'll probably step up to 295/65 in the same tire. Here's what mine looks like with the lift.

IMG_3964.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A small lift on these trucks look great. I say lift it! Let us know if we can help. We offer many brands like Zone, Ready Lift, Super Lift, Fabtech, etc...Message me for a quote

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If your on a budget and you dont offroad I'd look at the ready lift. I'm about to go to a 4" myself but if clearance is a issue you can do what I did. Moto fab 3" in the front 2" in rear. I also put on RC 3" upper control arms. If i were staying like this i would throw on maxx suspension ext sway bar links but it's not a must. If I would buy them my all in cost would be 500 and livable angles. My angles are livable now but my links are pretty cocked . Screenshot_20190807-085127_Samsung Internet.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also for what it is worth I have seen some 4" lifts on 33s that look goofy. Imho you need at least a 12wide and a 33x12.5 on a 4". I could clear 35x12.5 easily on my set up now. My only reason to go that 1 more inch is because I'll be running 14 wide wheels but my purpose and taste is a lot different than most. Check out customoffsets.com they are quite a few 4" running 33s and you'll see some look really good then some look like they skip leg day. I think it may be from what I hear rams can vary between 1-3" of rake stock. So if you dont pay attention to that and just buy what ever I think is why some look so weird idk just a theory. Imo my height on a stock wheel is the most I would go.

Last edited:

Blue2500CC

Reaction score
Ram Year
‘18
Engine
If your on a budget and you dont offroad I'd look at the ready lift. I'm about to go to a 4" myself but if clearance is a issue you can do what I did. Moto fab 3" in the front 2" in rear. I also put on RC 3" upper control arms. If i were staying like this i would throw on maxx suspension ext sway bar links but it's not a must. If I would buy them my all in cost would be 500 and livable angles. My angles are livable now but my links are pretty cocked . View attachment 177244

Which 4” lift are you looking at?

TY!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Lift it :) Mine barely fits, and I mean barely, but does on 35's

20190511_122346.jpg

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Which 4” lift are you looking at?

TY!
Looking at the zone. Its basically a bds but much cheaper. If I decide to go 6" it will be bds's coil over kit but I will only do that if I decide to go full show build. From what I have heard and read zone seems to be best bang for buck as far as ride quality for the price and component.

Blue2500CC

Reaction score
Ram Year
‘18
Engine
Looking at the zone. Its basically a bds but much cheaper. If I decide to go 6" it will be bds's coil over kit but I will only do that if I decide to go full show build. From what I have heard and read zone seems to be best bang for buck as far as ride quality for the price and component.

TY!!!

One thing I would like if we do go with a 4” lift vs level/rear spacers is the brackets to make sure the rear suspension is correct. It seems some 4” lifts do not include these parts.

If I had to decide today, it would be either the zone or superlift.

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also for what it is worth I have seen some 4" lifts on 33s that look goofy. Imho you need at least a 12wide and a 33x12.5 on a 4". I could clear 35x12.5 easily on my set up now. My only reason to go that 1 more inch is because I'll be running 14 wide wheels but my purpose and taste is a lot different than most. Check out customoffsets.com they are quite a few 4" running 33s and you'll see some look really good then some look like they skip leg day. I think it may be from what I hear rams can vary between 1-3" of rake stock. So if you dont pay attention to that and just buy what ever I think is why some look so weird idk just a theory. Imo my height on a stock wheel is the most I would go.

I actually agree with you. That's why I just did the 2.1 level and added all terrains to the stock 33s. If I do the 4" lift I know I'm gonna want the 35"s. Another reason why I may just keep it level until my next truck!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk