Thinking about a hood/ morimotos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i have some cash burning a hole in my pocket. My truck is coming off the road here in a few weeks as im buying a daily, so this will be my fair weather cruiser.

Im really thinking about doing an APM hood. Not sure if it will be too much with everything i already have going on up there. I also thought about maybe some morimoto lights, but damn those are expensive and these factory projectors are only a year old.

Other winter projects i have sitting here waiting to add are some Zone UCA's, Bilstein 6112s, and 1.5" Zone body lift. In the process of building a house so it will be nice to be able to install in my own garage!

IMG_6632.JPG

IMG_6915.JPG

KeepRight

ExFalconFxr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So i have some cash burning a hole in my pocket. My truck is coming off the road here in a few weeks as im buying a daily, so this will be my fair weather cruiser.

Im really thinking about doing an APM hood. Not sure if it will be too much with everything i already have going on up there. I also thought about maybe some morimoto lights, but damn those are expensive and these factory projectors are only a year old.

Other winter projects i have sitting here waiting to add are some Zone UCA's, Bilstein 6112s, and 1.5" Zone body lift. In the process of building a house so it will be nice to be able to install in my own garage!

View attachment 217602

View attachment 217603
Man, that is one SWEET truck! I don't have any input to the hood upgrade. I can tell, that anything you do will be amazing.

I'd like to debadge it and blacken (Line-X) all of the chrome. Actually, I'd like to add in small amounts/hints nice Blue here and there.

If I had a little extra money - I'd ask your advice adding to my truck. You've got great taste. But, I just bought a plasma cutter and looking at a tig welder. Hopefully, to make extra money for the truck.
30db21e3e804ed2eb2c2c811a0665ee4.jpgf1eba745a5a36b7ccec656ea3fc0a882.jpg40e09056d0201cb2a14dbcacb198fbe6.jpg

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, that is one SWEET truck! I don't have any input to the hood upgrade. I can tell, that anything you do will be amazing.

I'd like to debadge it and blacken (Line-X) all of the chrome. Actually, I'd like to add in small amounts/hints nice Blue here and there.

If I had a little extra money - I'd ask your advice adding to my truck. You've got great taste. But, I just bought a plasma cutter and looking at a tig welder. Hopefully, to make extra money for the truck.
30db21e3e804ed2eb2c2c811a0665ee4.jpgf1eba745a5a36b7ccec656ea3fc0a882.jpg40e09056d0201cb2a14dbcacb198fbe6.jpg

Thanks for the compliment. Im a fan of trying to keep things clean. I want to grab attention but not like most guys do with flashing lights and 24" and bigger wheels. (Not that there is anything wrong with it, its just not me)

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New Hood will look great. If you go for aftermarket headlights i'd steer clear of Morimoto's. I just did LED headlights and was going to go Morimoto till i saw all the issues they are having. I went with Alpharex NOVA's, Way brighter and zero issues (so far). Cheaper too.

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New Hood will look great. If you go for aftermarket headlights i'd steer clear of Morimoto's. I just did LED headlights and was going to go Morimoto till i saw all the issues they are having. I went with Alpharex NOVA's, Way brighter and zero issues (so far). Cheaper too.

Id be interested in giving the Alpha stuff a try here eventually. I just have had bad luck with even quality aftermarkets in the past. My TYC projectors which were supposedly as good as oem was flaking clear within a year and a half. Thus why i spent the money for oem units last summer

Last edited: