Thinking about a new OBD2 Scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Fart

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an older Innova 3100 OBD2 scan tool and I would need a newer one that is capable of doing an ABS bleed and live data (ABS, O2 sensors, etc.)

Would like your comments on your experiences with these scanners.

Looking to spend about $500. Currently looking at the Innova 5160rs.

wickkelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram promaster cargo van
I have an older Innova 3100 OBD2 scan tool and I would need a newer one that is capable of doing an ABS bleed and live data (ABS, O2 sensors, etc.)

Would like your comments on your experiences with these scanners.

Looking to spend about $500. Currently looking at the Innova 5160rs.
I personally recommend you for Foxwell NT630 plus because it supports almost all cars from model 1996 and also Bluetooth, wifi, abs. The price range will be $135-$145 that is very reasonable. you also can use BlueDrive, which also gives the same services as Foxwell NT630 plus, this OBD2 scanner price range will be $100-$120.

SteadyEddie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
I own the Foxwell NT630. On my 1997 Dodge Ram it will read the PCM for the OBDII codes only. It does not communicate with the ABS or SRS modules. As I vaguely recall the screen directed me to use the Chrysler CCD adapter. So I tried to find a good US based contact number or website for Foxwell and could find none, just the China email address. If anyone has experience with resolving this I am all ears.

Nyca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I’m using the Foxwell NT644 Elite on all my vehicles.
You can bleed your abs module, reset Airbags and a lot of other stuff as well.
It is right in your price range

SteadyEddie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Mike, How do you like your Innova 5160? What made you choose that particular model? I see a lot of guys buying the Autel MK808 in the same price range. And now iCarsoft (appears to be UK based) is in the game with their ICarsoft CR Pro and CR Max, in the same price range. Cheers.
I personally recommend you for Foxwell NT630 plus because it supports almost all cars from model 1996 and also Bluetooth, wifi, abs. The price range will be $135-$145 that is very reasonable. you also can use BlueDrive, which also gives the same services as Foxwell NT630 plus, this OBD2 scanner price range will be $100-$120.
I have the Foxwell NT630 Plus and it will only read the PCM for the OBDII codes on my 1997 Ram. It wont communicate with the ABS or SRS modules. Screen says something about using the Chrysler CCD adapter. I could find no US based Foxwell support, so I hit a dead end. Any others experience this and have advice I am all ears.

OP
OP
Old Fart

Old Fart

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like it. Already used it on my brother's 300C. The live data indicated a problem with his rear CV axle shaft. Has for why I chose Innova, it comes down to features and that I got a great deal.