Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Thinking about removing Tapatalk.

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Shaggy, Feb 14, 2020 at 12:20 PM.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator/Owner Staff Member Administrator

Ram Year:
    --
    Engine:
    --
    I can't stand TT anymore. I have no control of what they show on the site, they possible take your info and use it for other things, I feel its a security risk and I want to remove it.

How many of you would not come back to the site if TT was removed? Have you TT users checked out the site in a mobile browser yet? Looks great I think.

I am pondering to the remove it for all my sites as its not really needed anymore for the mobile friendly app.

tidefan1967 likes this.
  2. chri5k

chri5k Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel
    I tried to use it once. What a dumpster fire. I just use the mobile site and works fine.

Quyonmob and tidefan1967 like this.
  3. stimpy433

stimpy433 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I tried TT once and i didn’t like it at all. Mobile site works great for me!!!

tidefan1967 likes this.
  4. 1500ram12

1500ram12 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    I use TT for a couple different forums including here. Although it has its problems and gets annoying sometimes I find it easy to use. I haven't tried the mobile site to compare, I'll give it a shot after this. I like TT lay, I can easily switch from unread posts to subscribed. It is a pain if I'm in the middle of commenting on a post and need to find a sub'd post to share it in the comments.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

crash68 likes this.
  5. mtnrider

mtnrider Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    Hate it. Especially when trying to use a mobile browser and it keeps prompting you to use/download tapatalk. Get rid of it please!

tidefan1967 likes this.
  6. 1500ram12

1500ram12 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    Just checked the mobile site out. Although it from the sounds of it, it doesn't have the issues like TT does but I like to see all post through the generation's and classified ads as they are posted. Call it lazy, I'm more apt to help someone no matter what generation if it is in front of me instead of searching in generation sub forum's that doesn't apply to me. If there is a option on the mobile site to view all threads in order like Tapatalk then I'd be happy to use the mobile site

Edit. Found out how to get all post to show up. Only complaint is it shows all comments in order of being posted. So when multiple people comment on the same thread, the same thread appears over and over.

Another plus for TT is having notifications pop up on my phone. I can almost instantly see when someone replies to a thread and if it's a response to me I can go directly to it.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 12:56 PM
    R.L.K., Mpgrimm2 and tidefan1967 like this.
  7. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator/Owner Staff Member Administrator

Ram Year:
    --
    Engine:
    --
    The newer version of Xenforo(the software used for the forum) will have the push notifications. Not sure when I will update, but it maybe soon.

8. MADDOG

MADDOG Cummins Driver Staff Member Super Moderator Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
    TT sucks. Dump it!

9. Travelin Ram

Travelin Ram Senior Member

Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
    Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I’ve never used it, I never intend to, for all the reasons you cited. I’m using a mobile browser (Firefox) just like I do on any other forum I visit.

10. CAG CheechDogg

CAG CheechDogg Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 2wd
    Engine:
    HEMI 5.7 3.21s

There is absolutely no security risk with Tapatalk, I have it on my own website and I none of my info or my members info has even been used for other things ....

Leave it as an option for those who do use it ...I mean I actually use TT more when i come visit here and I post just as much from my laptop and not the mobile app ... If I want to post here I either use my laptop or TT ... but it is your website my friend ...

I have been doing web and graphic design for years now and I promise you there is no security risk in TT ...

R.L.K., Mpgrimm2 and OCDTech like this.