Thinking about selling my RA4 radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I currently have a RA4 radio and was thinking about upgrading to a UAQ. Any idea what the RA4 radios are going for now? Just want to know if its worth selling or just keeping it as a spare.

ri3.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dunno pricing but I might be interested!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I missed out on one that sold here recently for $350. With Nav.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I missed out on one that sold here recently for $350. With Nav.
I got that one lol sorry. That was an unusually low price though.

I think McBroom is right on the price.

I have been kicking around the idea of upgrading too. Maybe if I can find a good deal I will swap them.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got that one lol sorry. That was an unusually low price though.

I think McBroom is right on the price.

I have been kicking around the idea of upgrading too. Maybe if I can find a good deal I will swap them.

LMK if you end up selling yours. I should have bitten on it, wavered only because of MaxCare Lifetime warranty (one of my cost justifications for it was the head unit itself) but it wuld have been nice to get NAV and possibly free voice reply to text (since there seems to be some way that works when swapping head units)

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LMK if you end up selling yours. I should have bitten on it, wavered only because of MaxCare Lifetime warranty (one of my cost justifications for it was the head unit itself) but it wuld have been nice to get NAV and possibly free voice reply to text (since there seems to be some way that works when swapping head units)

Will do!

I was surprised how easy it was to swap it out using grimms harness. I can swap it in probably 15 minutes now. So if you ever have a concern with the warranty I would pull it before going to the dealership. Although I doubt it would be an issue. The only thing that is a dead giveaway is that I have the wrong antenna on the roof.

I haven't seen too many UAQ radios for sale under about $900 lately. So it might be a while until I can find a good deal. Have you found any for sale @circuitguy?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do!

I was surprised how easy it was to swap it out using grimms harness. I can swap it in probably 15 minutes now. So if you ever have a concern with the warranty I would pull it before going to the dealership. Although I doubt it would be an issue. The only thing that is a dead giveaway is that I have the wrong antenna on the roof.

I haven't seen too many UAQ radios for sale lately though so it might be a while. Have you found any for sale @circuitguy?

I actually have the right antenna :) already have an RA3 (or whatever it was for 2017), I was really just in it for the nav upgrade, HD radio (for whatever thats worth) and the possibility of voice replies not needing a UConnect sub.

I know I can just enable nav on mine with a code, I think someone on Ebay will do it for $150, but its just nice to have it all already there IMHO.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I actually have the right antenna :) already have an RA3 (or whatever it was for 2017), I was really just in it for the nav upgrade, HD radio (for whatever thats worth) and the possibility of voice replies not needing a UConnect sub.

I know I can just enable nav on mine with a code, I think someone on Ebay will do it for $150, but its just nice to have it all already there IMHO.

Even easier swap for you then! I am less than impressed with the built in NAV on the RA4 though. It has taken me to the wrong place a few times now, and I hate that a screen pops up on the freeway that shows what lane to be in. It already shows the correct lane so no need to give me a full screen picture at every possible exit. Plugging in an address to go to is really annoying too. Android auto is a huge improvement I am sure.

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Will do!

I haven't seen too many UAQ radios for sale under about $900 lately. So it might be a while until I can find a good deal. Have you found any for sale @circuitguy?

Have not found a UAQ yet for the right price. I think $600 to $700 would be ok. As for my RA4 looks like I will sell it for around $550.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I wonder if any of the audio shops would have any used ones for sale?? There’s 3 shops here. I might stop in n ask.
I’ve got the 5.0 touch now. Would I have to change the bezel with installing the 8.4?

The Blue Mule

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if any of the audio shops would have any used ones for sale?? There’s 3 shops here. I might stop in n ask.
I’ve got the 5.0 touch now. Would I have to change the bezel with installing the 8.4?

The Blue Mule
yup. Bezel with the correct climate controls and an HVAC module with M2's harness. I did the complete swap for like $600-$700 if I remember correctly. I also scored some freebies and good deals here that helped.

Haven't sold my stock stuff yet but I expect to get a few hundred back from that.