Thinking of downsizing to a Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwatkins176

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 ******
Hey guys couple of questions.

I currentely have 2011 Ramm 3500 DRW. I have been using it to pull my 5er toy hauler around. Trouble is I can't commute with a 8 foot wide 20 foot long truck and my commuter beater seems to be using up it's useful life. Ok that Hyandai will probably run for ever, but it's boring and I hate it.

We also have 2016 2d Rubicon with all the fun parts that makes it terrible to drive on the hwy so we also have a car hauler trailer that we tow the Jeep on.

We are getting rid of the toy hauler so I was thinking of setting the Hyndai on fire and trading in the dually. I am really liking the Rebel

Questions. How is this truck as daily driver? My commute takes me to JFK airport and LaGuardia a lot. I know gas mileage will be around 17.

How does it tow? We will be towing the jeep on the trailer a fair amount. I am guessing the weight should be around 6k with trailer. We have a long trip planned late March that has me towing the jeep from NJ to Moab, UT and back. What can I expect in gas mileage with that load? My dually pulls the jeep about 11 to 12 MPG.

Anything else I need to know?

I am trying to decide if a used short bed 2500 6.7 would be a better choice

OP
OP
N

nwatkins176

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 ******
I like the Power wagon, except I already got disconnecting sway and lockers, and a winch on our jeep. But I do like where your head is at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well you can Kill two birds with one RAM lol for a good commuter truck id imagine the Ecodiesel. and 6k towing should definetly be in the the ECO's playground I remember watching TFL truck youtube channel and I believe they were pulling a 7k trailer with it and it averaged 13 mpg. plus they come in a crewcab 6'4 bed which I think looks really cool and it has my all time favorite TOWING MIRRORS.

OP
OP
N

nwatkins176

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 ******
Well you can Kill two birds with one RAM lol for a good commuter truck id imagine the Ecodiesel. and 6k towing should definetly be in the the ECO's playground I remember watching TFL truck youtube channel and I believe they were pulling a 7k trailer with it and it averaged 13 mpg. plus they come in a crewcab 6'4 bed which I think looks really cool and it has my all time favorite TOWING MIRRORS.

Yea I saw that show. The 18’s are not available yet as the EPA is up FCA’s ass. I will look into one for sure. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk