Third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No I didn't know that , thanks! I'll try it. I picked up a code scanner and am getting 5 ABS codes and 2 SRS codes. I did put the old TIPM back in since that wasn't the original problem. I had also removed the Brake light relay in the fender well and re-installed it. The codes I'm getting are: SRS-U1414-00, U1415-OO; ABS-C-1000, UD102,C2206,C1090, and U0141.. i'll try your suggestion and see if it helps.
I hope that helps with the problem.

Also, you need to be careful with used TIPMs. I've been told that there are often more than one type used even in the same model year and some require a flash. Not sure what the differences are or why.

Hope you solve the problem soon.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 72444 miles

OP
OP
R

Rustypipes12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well I bought a new PCM and that cleared 6 of 7 codes. I also found the way to manually take the truck out of park. If you have an '09 and it's stuck in park with a column shift, under the right side is a hole that you can push a long Phillips or something like it up and gently push up on the lever which releases the shift pin. Make SURE you have your foot on the brake when you do this!

Unfortunately I'm still getting the C1000 abs code. I'm reasonably certain I don't have any bad wires and the brake switch has been replaced I've also verified the brake system relay is good. I've ordered a new Dorman TIPM and a new ABS control module. Both should be here in a couple days. Meanwhile might as well do regular maintenance.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try these Guys they have a great knowledge on TIPM's.

OP
OP
R

Rustypipes12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Try these Guys they have a great knowledge on TIPM's.

Thanks, I talked to them and was going to buy from them but I got a deal on a brand new Dorman with a limited lifetime warranty that comes pre-flashed. I also got a pretty good deal on an ABS control module from Parts Geeks. Pretty much the only thing left is the part that drops the pin in the column that allows the shifter to move, not sure what that is called.
I changed the the rear brakes yesterday even though there was sill some meat on them. I noticed the rubber seals around the caliper pins were rotted so I changed them after polishing the pins and collars. The originals are one piece rubber, the replacements I got from Parts Geek were two piece and a real pain to install! I think I may have to look at some others because I'm going to do the fronts next while I wait for my other parts.