This guy bought a Demon for $17,000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
But it needs a bit of work,is an under statement.The first video he does the tear down of the car,in this video he's tearing the engine down.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
so basically he paid $17K for a VIN number and an engine that needs a good refresh.
He claims he wants to rebuild the existing chassis,but in the engine tear down video,he does mention he's bought another lesser burnt wide body for parts. To me i think rebuilding the Demon chassis would be a bit risky,as sheetmetal burnt that bad doesn't promote much in the way of structural support,and the late model car platforms are nothing more then stamped sheet metal.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
To me i think rebuilding the Demon chassis would be a bit risky,as sheetmetal burnt that bad doesn't promote much in the way of structural support,and the late model car platforms are nothing more then stamped sheet metal.
Exactly.. now if he decides to put some form of built up chassis under the body then it might hold up. He'll need to do some good prep on the metal and use a good epoxy primer to hold the paint on

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have watched 3 clips of his progress
so wheels & tires are on & the engine is being rebuilt

I am hooked, i would like to see the rest

It is almost strange, as i watched him scraping away the fire damage, i swear i could smell it.
I guess my brain was playing tricks, i worked at a auto dismantling yard for a period of time

Last edited: