This is why noone else should drive.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ive had this truck for 5 years and not so much as a scratch as been put on it. Someone else drives it down the street one time and this is what happens.

20190601_142100~2.jpg

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Damn. My son (21 and a pretty aggressive driver in spite of rear ending a truck hard and pancaking front end of a very nice Corolla Sport I found for him) is going on a 10 hour each way trip this summer with me to visit my folks. It's 10 hours so I'd appreciate having him do some of the driving. But if something happens to my truck and hes driving it's still on my insurance here... sooooo. Enjoy the ride from the passenger seat, son!

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
lol. my daughter I might let drive. She's driven on a black ice highway in a blizzard where a steel ladder was on the road in front here all of a sudden and somehow came it out of it with no damage, no accident, no injury. She's probably a better driver than i!

My son is 21 going on 16, if you know what I mean.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
neither my ex nor my daughter have ever had an accident. One speeding ticket between them. My son and I on the other hand have had at least 1 dozen tickets and 6 accidents between us. So I can't say anything about that. lol

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Each of my daughters have had 3 significant accidents " no injuries " so that's a total of 6......2 of which were totalled.
Everytime they call me after an accident I just say......" damn ya'll would tear up a digging iron ".

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
neither my ex nor my daughter have ever had an accident. One speeding ticket between them. My son and I on the other hand have had at least 1 dozen tickets and 6 accidents between us. So I can't say anything about that. lol
I got a **** ton of speeding tickets when I was younger, probably a dozen or more but I haven't had anything stick since 1993. My wife on the other hand has had 3 accidents and exactly three speeding tickets in the last 10 years and they were all nice and spaced out to where she has consistently had something on her record and we have had high insurance. My kids are 14 and 17 and aren't driving yet so they aren't a problem yet.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
my kids mom and my ex both consistently drive at least 80 on the only superhighway in Alberta I suppose you could call it, the QE2. It's a 70 mph stretch that's heavily patrolled. And neither has ever picked up a speeding ticket. Boggles my mind. Sneeze wrong, I find a ticket it seems so I don't drive more than 5mph over the speed limit, if that. I drive for a living so I can't be getting a bunch of tickets. My last ticket really pissed me off. One year ago, I decided spontaneously to follow up on some fixit idea and went to the hardware store on a quiet evening int he neighborhood. I'm literally one block away from my house, in a residential neighborhood, and pull up to a stop sign. I can't say for sure I did a rolling stop or didn't. I think I stopped but was fast enough there wasn't that split second pause. Anyway, timing of it all was such I saw a cruiser right at the curb to my left, just sitting there. I go around the corner, praying I had stopped, lights come on. FK!!!!! He was friendly enough but without a prompt he says, you did a rolling stop and we got it on camera. DAMMIT. In Alberta that's like a 380 dollar fine I think it was. Was so pissed. I've been driving 300 miles everyday for 2 years for work without one ticket. I ended up taking a commercial driving test that at least got the demerits removed from my license and now I make damn sure I'm at a dead stop. With all these speed on cameras and radars , construction zones in the summer, driving is frustrating.