Those of you with the pedal commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got a pedal commander from a member here,got it hooked up, very easily, everything worked has should,including the Bluetooth feature.
I tried all the settings, I like the sport mode best!! But I like the city mode also. I was driving the truck, and decided to switch from sport mode to city mode while driving, and I noticed a slowdown kind, and the red ligh on my dash flashing and no pedal response. I pulled over, shut off the truck, set the commander on city mode, and everything was back to normal. My question is, is it ok to switch mode while driving, or should it only be done when no moving?
Thanks in advance

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Seems to only happen on the Bluetooth units. Mine never does that, but I make sure also to adjust only when not under acceleration. Do an update on the unit and that should help.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's due to you having a truck that hasn't been built yet, the 2020 Ram:D.

I have switched mine while driving snd noticed a slight "surge" as it went up in setting. I wasn't accelerating when hitting it.

Last edited:

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should not switch it while ACCELERATING, I have switched mine while stopped at a light with no issue.

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive switched it even while driving but coasting and without my foot on the pedal

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ilovemyramlaremie

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You should not switch it while ACCELERATING, I have switched mine while stopped at a light with no issue.
Thanks. I will try again without my foot on the pedal when I get it back from the shop, getting new manifolds and bolts installed today hopefully !!!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only switch mine while stopped.

I like Sport 1 or City 3

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2020 ram and you are having manifold problems? the future is looking dim

Joe B

U.S. Navy Chief
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.4L
I can add to this list. I have the BT pc31, and I've not switched it while accelerating. I have switched it while cruising, and nothing weird has happened.

Also, that Sport+ and +4 is amazing. Barely tapped the gas and the tires started screaming.

WhiteHotRam

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport 4x4 SCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can add to this list. I have the BT pc31, and I've not switched it while accelerating. I have switched it while cruising, and nothing weird has happened.

Also, that Sport+ and +4 is amazing. Barely tapped the gas and the tires started screaming.
Oh... Yeah..., things get real jumpy above Sport.

Batton down the hatches there Joe..., Michael will be knocking on your door soon!
We dodged the bullet again, no ten inpunded.

OP
OP
ilovemyramlaremie

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Then you might try correcting your year in your profile..., you'll find the 1 right next to the 2... LOL
Damm it!! How that happened lol
I just noticed that
Now I have to figure out how edit my profile and change the year lol

Joe B

U.S. Navy Chief
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.4L
Oh... Yeah..., things get real jumpy above Sport.

Batton down the hatches there Joe..., Michael will be knocking on your door soon!
We dodged the bullet again, no ten inpunded.

Haha thanks. Just waiting it out at this point. Ready to get it over with.

dsexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RC Express (sold) 2017 Ram RC Express
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah mine worked great for about 3 months. One day I started the truck and the throttle climbed to scary high rpms...finally dropped back. When I put it into gear it was ok, but once I started driving the truck it went into limp mode.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find it a little concerning that the guys with the Bluetooth models are adjusting on the fly. Doesn't that require you pulling out your phone and calling up the app?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I find it a little concerning that the guys with the Bluetooth models are adjusting on the fly. Doesn't that require you pulling out your phone and calling up the app?

It works the same as the old ones with buttons on the unit plus the ability to do it by mobile device. So I know what you are saying but hopefully they are just doing it on the unit which is no different than changing a radio station.