Those of you with the pedal commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still no issues running in Eco mode on my '09. Non-BT Pedal Commander.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Suffering here. Had to take the PC off because I'm going to dealer tomorrow for recalls , tailgate, cruise control & auto park ( just to be safe when grandsons are bike riding in driveway). Drove to work without it. Checked under the hood to make sure somebody didn't steal my hemi and replace it with an ecoboost...:D

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are all Pedal commanders Bluetooth now?
I only ask as I am looking into getting one finally (well wanted to get one months ago but life hasn’t allowed me time to upgrade truck till now) but see issues people have with the BT one. Are the issues only when using the app or the actual PC? I don’t think I would use the app and would change settings on the PC anyway.

Thanks for clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck survived the upgrade. The PC is back and all is good in the acceleration world

What do you run yours at? I’ve currently got mine at -3 or four on sport mode, but all in all, I still haven’t really found a happy medium to run mine at as they all seem a bit to jumpy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only ask as I am looking into getting one finally (well wanted to get one months ago but life hasn’t allowed me time to upgrade truck till now) but see issues people have with the BT one. Are the issues only when using the app or the actual PC? I don’t think I would use the app and would change settings on the PC anyway.

Thanks for clarification

I think they are. I don’t think you’ll have any issues though. Just because it’s Bluetooth, I don’t think you have to use the app, but I was told that if you do use the app, that’s how pedal commander updates the unit.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks for clarification

All the ones for 4th and 5th gen RAMs are Blue Tooth now. The issues are few and far between. Most issues are solved by deleting the app then re-installing it and reconnected it to your truck. After that they are good to go!

We have them here
https://gotexhaust.com/c-1183874-ram-owners-preferred-products.html
use promo code PC10 for a discount!

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What do you run yours at? I’ve currently got mine at -3 or four on sport mode, but all in all, I still haven’t really found a happy medium to run mine at as they all seem a bit to jumpy.

I keep mine at city +3 to sport +2 usually but I kick it up now & then. I think about running Eco but never seem to do it, no fun in that :D
My avg mpg is down about 1 mpg or so since before the PC but thats the price of fun.

MYMISSIONISFISHIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have had my PC installed in my '14 Ram Express for about a year now. No issues at all, prior to the other morning and still not sure if it was PC related. Going to work the other morning and CEL came on and also the truck went into limp mode. Shut the truck off, restarted it and it came out of limp mode but CEL stayed on. Garage diagnosed/Repaired it. Throttle Position sensor on the pedal . I did remove the PC prior to taking the truck to the garage and the TPS was covered minus my $100 deductible of the extended warranty. PC was set on Sport, +4 I believe.

GMcD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im really thinking about getting one of these but this is not the first time I have heard of this device causing problems with the throttle position sensor. Is it possible for this to really fry it?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im really thinking about getting one of these but this is not the first time I have heard of this device causing problems with the throttle position sensor. Is it possible for this to really fry it?

Well, anything’s possible, I spose. But my guess it would have to be a defective PC or shorting something out within the connections inline of the connector of the throttle pedal.

So far the only issue I’ve heard of, and even had myself is causing the CEL to come on if you try to change the setting while driving down the road, or in the rare occasions of changing to the Eco mode, even while parked, motor running, no foot on the pedal but I’m really thinking that’s only because the Eco mode is so much less than what the pedal is set to without the PC.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had my PC installed in my '14 Ram Express for about a year now. No issues at all, prior to the other morning and still not sure if it was PC related. Going to work the other morning and CEL came on and also the truck went into limp mode. Shut the truck off, restarted it and it came out of limp mode but CEL stayed on. Garage diagnosed/Repaired it. Throttle Position sensor on the pedal . I did remove the PC prior to taking the truck to the garage and the TPS was covered minus my $100 deductible of the extended warranty. PC was set on Sport, +4 I believe.

I had this happen. Pulled over. Unhooked the pc... took the ground off the battery for 10 mins.. rebooked it up and boom good to go. Haven’t bothered to try it again.

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
question haw to up grade the old PC no blue tooth can any one know the answer thanks

MYMISSIONISFISHIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I sent Pedal Commander an email about 4 days ago and have not heard anything from them yet. I put the PC back on and set it to "Sport" -1 I believe. The PC had been on the truck for about a year prior to this happening, with zero issues, so thinking it was just time for the TPS to go bad, no fault of the PC. Will keep everyone posted.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
question haw to up grade the old PC no blue tooth can any one know the answer thanks

What do you mean by upgrade it? You mean update it? I don’t know about the old non Bluetooth models but if it has a mini or micro USB port on the side, you might just have to get with Pedal Commander and see how to update it. The Bluetooth models, you just uninstall the PC app and reinstall it.

tbone63

Fast & Furious ish
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you get a tuner does it make this thing obsolete or can you / should you use both in tandem?

tbone63

Fast & Furious ish
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Never mind. I studied up on it and ordered one last night.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you get a tuner does it make this thing obsolete or can you / should you use both in tandem?

They play very well together. If you have a custom tune, make sure you tell your tuner you have a PC installed.
Jay