Those with a remote cd player can you do a fella a favor.i

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could you check and see if you're playing a cd and then cut the ignition off does the cd keep playing until you open the door and the radio cuts off or does it stop playing as soon as the ignition is cut off.i added a cd player to my 20 classic ( insert "what's a cd ?" comment here) . the 18 up jumpseat cd harness is on backorder with no eta so I had to modify an earlier one by using a m2mods hub adaptor and adding a illumination wire.eveything works.i just can't remember from my other truck If the cd stopped playing when I cut the ignition off or did it keep playing until the door 2as opened.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I had power on with key off in my 2006, back then it was an option the dealer could turn on for you with one of their computer tools for $35.00 that is if you knew it could be done....

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the response different radio systems though.found out in a older owners manual it said key must be in acc or on position for cd.

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
OK, so kinda had two different reactions but to answer your question it turns off/pauses when turning the engine off or to ACC. The radio still works till door opens. My first attempt, I inserted the CD when the truck was running and it shut off when turning the ignition to ACC. However, when I restarted the truck and resumed playing I then switched back to ACC and it stayed on until I turned the ignition off. In either case it stopped before opening the doors.

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for taking the time to check it out.sounds like everything is working like it is supposed to.i just never noticed the cd stopped playing when ignition turned off.of course usually when you cut the switch off you usually open the door right then.ocd had me wondering though.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you don't mind me asking, where does the accessorry CD player mount?

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thanks for taking the time to check it out.sounds like everything is working like it is supposed to.i just never noticed the cd stopped playing when ignition turned off.of course usually when you cut the switch off you usually open the door right then.ocd had me wondering though.
Where did you get the CD player? I'm still a little miffed that these are being phased out. My 2017 doesn't have one and my old Discman doesn't work anymore...

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have a jump seat it's located in the underneath storage.of course if you don't have one you will need a double storage jumpseat.i bought a whole cd jumpseat off ebay.if you have a floor console it's in the console storage.