Thoughts on air suspension? It is worth it? Will it break down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Harkness

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
It's great as long as you don't want to drive the truck in winter. My 2013 with 65000 km on it has just got its SECOND air ride replacement, and the useless POS extended warranty doesn't cover it. DO NOT BUY AIR RIDE! Are you listening Dodge RAM?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's great as long as you don't want to drive the truck in winter. My 2013 with 65000 km on it has just got its SECOND air ride replacement, and the useless POS extended warranty doesn't cover it. DO NOT BUY AIR RIDE! Are you listening Dodge RAM?

Don't buy air ride if you want to drive in winter. -25C, bye-bye suspension. New system $2200. Twice in 40,000 miles. POS extended warranty won't cover it. This should be a recall. ARE YOU LISTENING DODGE RAM FOLKS?

I think one post was good enough to get your point across.

Hopefully FCA did hear you and others like you when they switched valve block lube to another one that is a lot more immune to sticking which from what I understand was the majority of the cause of that in cold weather.

But what are you talking about when you say extended warranty not covering the repair? I could understand if you bought too cheap of coverage on a used truck not covering it but factory warranty and maxcare you buy on a brand new truck covers it.

Sorry you’re having problems. A lot of people are with the older systems. But also a lot of people haven’t had problems either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

My truck is almost 3 years old and I am thinking of getting an extended warranty especially because of the Air Ride....

Which warranty is not covering this??

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is almost 3 years old and I am thinking of getting an extended warranty especially because of the Air Ride....

Which warranty is not covering this??

That’s what I’m wondering. Some extended warranties on used vehicles only pay for certain things unless you pay extra for the premium package. I think even the maxcare is that way too. I’m pretty sure there’s cheaper plans of that that don’t cover as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Univoftnvol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, outsourcing of auto parts have always been an issue. Not just with FCA but all auto manufacturers. When part contracts come up for bids the lowest cost per vehicle is the only consideration. Profits, profits. I'm retired from that industry.
Check out Arnott Air Suspension! They have been doing Air Suspension for luxury vehicles for 30 years. They just launched front air struts part number AS-3017 and rear air springs part number A-3016. They utilize only premium components. No Chinese! My guess is less than what a RAM dealer would charge.