Thoughts on Extended rear coil springs vs. coil spacers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allen Epperson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
At this point in time I have rear coil spring spacers on my 2012 Ram sport w/ the 4" sst readylift kit. I am looking to upgrade some on the rear components of the truck and have been researching the extended coil springs that are offered for this truck. Benefits of the extended springs are (1) smaller or no spacer will be needed. (2) expanded weight carrying capacity on most springs offered and (3) progressive or standard coil spring option in most offered........... Also, above spring spacers or below spring spacers?........... Whats your thoughts and experience on these options and why you feel your option is better. Thanks in Advance!!

64on37s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 5 1/2 inch lifted rear coil springs from BDS on my 16. My seen advantages have been less sag when towing and hauling and more stability than stock springs. With spacers you use the factory springs which aren’t bad but the extended springs are much better IMO.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
64on37's does business sell just the rear springs alone? I'd like to ditch my rear spacer/spring combo on my 6" RC lift.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are looking for extra load you can buy rear springs for a jeep gladiator. Synergy or Clayton off-road sell some. Stock springs are around 190lb/inch on our rams. Huge selection if you go that route. @ram1500rsm has some on his truck

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
64on37's does business sell just the rear springs alone? I'd like to ditch my rear spacer/spring combo on my 6" RC lift.
They don’t sell the coils alone but @Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with a zone rear box kit. It comes with sway bar endlinks which will be good to replace the junk rough country endlinks. It will also come with control arm relocation brackets that I would use over the rough country kit also. So it won’t be a waste

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Zone rear box kit is a great option. Customers love the Zone rear springs. They ride as good if not better than stock.

Message me if you would like a quote on anything

64on37s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m not sure but you can contact them to see.