Thoughts on Fabtech vs Fabtech performance lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NateRam19

Reaction score
Hey all I'm really looking to go higher. Any advice on the Fabtech lifts. I'm not really the off roader. Just looking for that smooth ride to work and church. Any advice is appreciated.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
how high are you looking to go? whats wrong with your current "ride"? i did nothing but Billys on mine to level the rake and it rides like a dream and a cheap solution.

Mike Murphy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Deleted
Engine
Deleted
Can I give an honest answer and have everyone know I have respect for most everyone. I had a Fabtech 6" with 35's, I bought the truck used and the lift and wheels were already on the truck. The truck was limited on left hands turns and dragged the right tire. The front drive line kept blowing out the CV boot every two weeks because of the drive line angle. I contacted Fabtech and went back and forth with Armen Mosikian the tech manager. I sent pictures and DNA. He eventually went to ask one of the engineers for Fabtech. The engineer had nothing. Mr. Mosikian's answer was that they have sold thousands of kits for years with no problems with others. I agree...I don't know about the problem part, but they may sell a lot of kits. A solution for my concern is....???? Tired of changing the front drive line CV boot and joint, I took the Fabtech lift off and threw it away. I installed a new front drive line CV joint and have not had a relating problem since. I think I want to lower my truck slightly lower than stock anyways, maybe save up for drop shackles or a 2/4 drop.

Last edited:

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all I'm really looking to go higher. Any advice on the Fabtech lifts. I'm not really the off roader. Just looking for that smooth ride to work and church. Any advice is appreciated.

Before I did my lift I talked to a guy on instagram who did the 6" standard lift. He was not happy with the ride quality, so he ended up going back and adding the coil overs and dirt logic shocks later. I know the performance 6" kit isn't cheap but I do not regret getting it at all. The ride is as good as stock if not better. I can cruise on the highway 80 plus no problems... I've been over a 100 a few times and smooth as hell, if you couldn't see the speedometer you couldn't tell how fast I was going. The guy I talked to on instagram felt that the standard 6" lift ride was stiff. I've never rode in one with the standard kit so I can't compare, I can tell you the ride with the 6" performance kit is very good. Nick@GotExhaust got me a great price on the lift, if you decide to go this route I'd check with him.

OP
OP
N

NateRam19

Reaction score
how high are you looking to go? whats wrong with your current "ride"? i did nothing but Billys on mine to level the rake and it rides like a dream and a cheap solution.
Right now I got a 3.5 lift. Looking to go up to 6 seeing how 4 inch lifts aren't out.

OP
OP
N

NateRam19

Reaction score
Before I did my lift I talked to a guy on instagram who did the 6" standard lift. He was not happy with the ride quality, so he ended up going back and adding the coil overs and dirt logic shocks later. I know the performance 6" kit isn't cheap but I do not regret getting it at all. The ride is as good as stock if not better. I can cruise on the highway 80 plus no problems... I've been over a 100 a few times and smooth as hell, if you couldn't see the speedometer you couldn't tell how fast I was going. The guy I talked to on instagram felt that the standard 6" lift ride was stiff. I've never rode in one with the standard kit so I can't compare, I can tell you the ride with the 6" performance kit is very good. Nick@GotExhaust got me a great price on the lift, if you decide to go this route I'd check with him.
Thanks for input Zach. I prolly shoulda just went big or go home in the first place

OP
OP
N

NateRam19

Reaction score
Can I give an honest answer and have everyone know I have respect for most everyone. I had a Fabtech 6" with 35's, I bought the truck used and the lift and wheels were already on the truck. The truck was limited on left hands turns and dragged the right tire. The front drive line kept blowing out the CV boot every two weeks because of the drive line angle. I contacted Fabtech and went back and forth with Armen Mosikian the tech manager. I sent pictures and DNA. He eventually went to ask one of the engineers for Fabtech. The engineer had nothing. Mr. Mosikian's answer was that they have sold thousands of kits for years with no problems with others. I agree...I don't know about the problem part, but they may sell a lot of kits. A solution for my concern is....???? Tired of changing the front drive line CV boot and joint, I took the Fabtech lift off and threw it away. I installed a new front drive line CV joint and have not had a relating problem since. I think I want to lower my truck slightly lower than stock anyways, maybe save up for drop shackles or a 2/4 drop.
Thanks for your input Mike.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for input Zach. I prolly shoulda just went big or go home in the first place

Welcome. If you decide to go for it be sure to post pics!!!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Over 4 grand and it comes with rear coil spacers?! Wtf.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
The standard 6"" is supposed to give a stock like ride per Fabtech. Listening to Cinco this may not be true. I'm a couple months out for my 6"" lift. $3500 is a lot to swallow especially with 2k in rimes, $1600 in tires and a $1200 install. I'd kick myself saving 1k and not like the ride so likely the performance kit is they route I will go.

OP
OP
N

NateRam19

Reaction score
The standard 6"" is supposed to give a stock like ride per Fabtech. Listening to Cinco this may not be true. I'm a couple months out for my 6"" lift. $3500 is a lot to swallow especially with 2k in rimes, $1600 in tires and a $1200 install. I'd kick myself saving 1k and not like the ride so likely the performance kit is they route I will go.
Thanks for your advice. I am thinking I'll be going the performance route as well.