Thoughts on this phenomena

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mikeru,I can only see mine cos they ARE shiny plastic. I am gonna do as LSU04_08 suggested, back in same spot in garage to see if the exact same light pattern on the passenger side will show anything.
Just a sideline, it was my Birthday yesterday, I have a hangover therefore nothing seems that important or urgent at the moment I am afraid! Oh well…….
Well happy birthday! I must have known it was your b-day yesterday because I have a bit of hangover today myself. :cheers:

OP
OP
British Bulldog

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Thanks! Suffer the fools……I am just beginning to feel human again! I don’t drink that much, that often. 63 I suppose I should think about growing up now!

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sure wish I would have known that. Were they easy to peel off? I took mine to the dealer for body work after a dog tried to eat the truck and noticed the small wrinkles behind the driver window afterwards. I didn't say anything because I figured it to be normal.

View attachment 465493
Yes they were pretty easy to peel off. I used a cheap heat gun I had to soften up the adhesive and had at it. The trim piece at the bottom of the vinyl has to be moved slightly to get at the lower part of the vinyl but you just remove the little screw and carefully lift out of the way. It was pretty easy and like I said it looked better without the vinyl

bolivarshagnasty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E torque 5.7
Looks like a carbon fiber grid, without enough color to fully cover?

Last edited:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes they were pretty easy to peel off. I used a cheap heat gun I had to soften up the adhesive and had at it. The trim piece at the bottom of the vinyl has to be moved slightly to get at the lower part of the vinyl but you just remove the little screw and carefully lift out of the way. It was pretty easy and like I said it looked better without the vinyl
I pulled the black vinyl off my 14 sport, came off O.K. they stick good, Don't remember id I used heat.
I installed stainless steel ones, as I like shinny. Don't have a picture at the moment.