Throttle body cleaning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
would this be the way to correctly clean my 2k4 5.7l tb?also do i need to depress the gas pedal at any point during the tb reset ?

Depends on who you listen to,lol. Most of the aftermarket throttle bodies do tell you to depress the pedal fully and return the pedal fully "slowly",most recommend doing it with-in a 20 sec time period.I've always done the pedal version.According to Dan at Fastman this lets the truck learn the full sweep of the pedal.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
Depends on who you listen to,lol. Most of the aftermarket throttle bodies do tell you to depress the pedal fully and return the pedal fully "slowly",most recommend doing it with-in a 20 sec time period.I've always done the pedal version.According to Dan at Fastman this lets the truck learn the full sweep of the pedal.
do you have a stock or aftermarket t.b?mine is stock.if doing the pedal version would the correct procedure be 1.turn key to on(not started) 2.wait for dash lights to go out 3.slowly depress pedal,immedeiately slowly release pedal .turn key to off,all within 20 sec.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
do you have a stock or aftermarket t.b?mine is stock.if doing the pedal version would the correct procedure be 1.turn key to on(not started) 2.wait for dash lights to go out 3.slowly depress pedal,immedeiately slowly release pedal .turn key to off,all within 20 sec.
mine is a aftermarket on ebay was so much cheaper and they help u bet if I would have press to floor it wouldn't take week s to be ok but 6 mouths and all runs great did a diablo i 3 tune and runs so much better now ! mpg not great but lots of on the pedal power not and only set 10 percent some guys go 20 percent my wheel let me know I burning rubber so I m happy !

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
not replacing mine,just want to take it off an d clean it.