Throttle Control Warning Light and No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jswingchun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey, my 2004 1500 5.7 is showing both a CEL and the Throttle Control Light. It won't start, just cranks and doesn't fire. The Throttle light flashes, the CEL is solid yellow. I scanned for codes with a cheap code reader and it says there are no codes, even though the CEL is lit up.

Today I swapped out the throttle body and the crankshaft position sensor, to no effect. Battery is showing 12.6 volts.

What should I try next? I would hate to have to have it towed somewhere to get it worked on.

OP
OP
J

jswingchun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just thought I would stop back and give an update. I ended up towing it to the shop. Ended up being five or six wires that they said appeared to be chewed through and corroded. Apparently they were under main fuse block. I doubt I would have sorted that out myself.

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes. Those wires are exposed. I was living in the country and made it a point to start enclosing any exposed wiring in looms to not make it easy on the varmits.THX for the update. It will help others.