Throttle response controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nope the DA can change by well over a 1,000 ft at the same track on the same day,same with the wind. Trust me,you didn't gain anymore then maybe at most a .025 of a tenth,from the throttle controller,and it's a big maybe,unless you didn't get the skinny pedal to the floor on your last time out . There's other factors at play,biggest being weather differances / another big differance can be tires and their pressures,plus the way the track has been prepped.
Once again, not an argument from me. Maybe my factory throttle control was slower at opening then others. It now opens like the cable control throttles I'm use to and prefer. Same exact tires and pressure. I didn't prep the track so I can't say anything about that. The skinny pedal was pushed at least 10 different times without and at least 10 different times with. I'm one that tries to push the pedal through the floor. Works for me. LOL

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I understand and agree with all of that, but I also can feel a bit of difference in the taking off in my truck. Still nothing I will argue about. The same track so altitude density should at least be out of the equation. LOL
Here's a couple articles that'll help you understand Density Altitude,easier then me trying to explain it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Once again, not an argument from me. Maybe my factory throttle control was slower at opening then others. It now opens like the cable control throttles I'm use to and prefer. Same exact tires and pressure. I didn't prep the track so I can't say anything about that. The skinny pedal was pushed at least 10 different times without and at least 10 different times with. I'm one that tries to push the pedal through the floor. Works for me. LOL
The throttle blade only opens to roughly 80% no matter whether you have a throttle booster or if you have just the stock set-up,so the engine can't generate any more horsepower or torque with or with-out the throttle booster,and it doesn't change how far the throttle blade opens. The only thing a throttle booster changes is how fast it'll open at part throttle,if you get the pedal to the floor on a WOT run ,the throttle booster has no affect.Wide open is wide open,with or with-out the booster

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
The throttle blade only opens to roughly 80% no matter whether you have a throttle booster or if you have just the stock set-up,so the engine can't generate any more horsepower or torque with or with-out the throttle booster,and it doesn't change how far the throttle blade opens. The only thing a throttle booster changes is how fast it'll open at part throttle,if you get the pedal to the floor on a WOT run ,the throttle booster has no affect.Wide open is wide open,with or with-out the booster
Ok, thanks.