Thuren coil height help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking to do some thuren coils with fox 2.0s on my 2017 Hemi 2500 that I daily drive. Arguing with myself between the 2 and 3” coils so hoping you guys can help.

I plan to run 35s and would like to keep some rake as I do use the truck regularly. I prefer to keep the stock rear coils at this point for payload capacity as well as budget reasons. I’m not sure if the lift height of these coils is pretty close to advertised. I figured with either setup I will most likely be running some sort of coil spacer to keep the rake I desire.

Extra points if anyone has pictures or front fender measurements of there setup!

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I set dead level with the 2 inch coils. i have the fox 2.0 at all 4 corners and there great! I have to wounder with fox this good. kings must be heaven.

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I set dead level with the 2 inch coils. i have the fox 2.0 at all 4 corners and there great! I have to wounder with fox this good. kings must be heaven.

Can I pester you for a front fender measurement when you get a chance? As well as what size tire your running

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Ya i will get one when the sun comes up. Im running the stock 275-70-18

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
got you a few different ones. the one is hard to see the tape. if you want something specific let me know.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Looking to do some thuren coils with fox 2.0s on my 2017 Hemi 2500 that I daily drive. Arguing with myself between the 2 and 3” coils so hoping you guys can help.

I plan to run 35s and would like to keep some rake as I do use the truck regularly. I prefer to keep the stock rear coils at this point for payload capacity as well as budget reasons. I’m not sure if the lift height of these coils is pretty close to advertised. I figured with either setup I will most likely be running some sort of coil spacer to keep the rake I desire.

Extra points if anyone has pictures or front fender measurements of there setup!
another point to make is if you go higher than 2" you will need the thuren track bar as well

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Do the Thuren track bar while you're at it. You won't regret it. Depending on the mileage on your truck, it's probably already wearing out.

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do the Thuren track bar while you're at it. You won't regret it. Depending on the mileage on your truck, it's probably already wearing out.

Hoping to push my luck alittle longer on the stock once since it has 30k on it and I’m in the process of building a house haha.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah I get that but it's a good time to change it out while you are messing with stuff. Price of stuff is only going to go up.

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hoping to push my luck alittle longer on the stock once since it has 30k on it and I’m in the process of building a house haha.
I had 83,000 miles on my stock track bar. with my last truck with thuren 2 inch coils. was still in great shape. i have about 17,000 miles on my 2018 and i wont change the bar untell its worn out. they dont ware out as fast as thought. if its a street truck.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

our work trucks are aproaching 100k with original track bars. yours shouldnt be even close to wore out. but if you raise the front it may put your axle off center a bit. not a big deal unless you have ocd.
about the rear spacer. you may want to put the front coils on and then see what rear spacer youll need. traxda can make about any size you need within a few days.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

The 2500’s benefit a lot from a softer rear coil spring. If you’re towing all the time then the factory coil is ok but when you put in a thuren rear coil spring paired with fox 2.0’s it’s night and day. Tires should be in the 40ish psi on a 2500. I would highly suggest going with a rear coil over a spacer. If your building a house maybe hold off on the truck for now and wait until you can do it all. It will be a big difference

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 2500’s benefit a lot from a softer rear coil spring. If you’re towing all the time then the factory coil is ok but when you put in a thuren rear coil spring paired with fox 2.0’s it’s night and day. Tires should be in the 40ish psi on a 2500. I would highly suggest going with a rear coil over a spacer. If your building a house maybe hold off on the truck for now and wait until you can do it all. It will be a big difference

Lucky rear coil spacers are pretty cheap for a 1”. It’s a hold me over until I can afford airbags to go with Thuren or Power wagon rear springs. The lighter rate isn’t practical for me without the extra support of bags

Last edited:

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Freed, I went the RC 2 inch spacer level on my 16 2500. You will need an adjustable front track / panhard bar to recenter the front axle. No matter which way you go with th lift / level it will cause your steering wheel to turn slight to the right. Bullwinkle is now riding around on 35 12.5 18 on factory rims. First pic stock tires with level, second with 35s.

IMG_20191004_191524017_HDR.jpg

4909.jpeg

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just did the Thuren 1" coils, Sway Bar and Fox 2.0 on all four corners on my 2020 2500 last weekend. Thuren stated 1" lift exactly, I got 1 1/2" exactly which is fine. From center of hub to bottom of fender I'm now at 26"F / 27"R and I also kept my stock rear coils because it too is a DD as well as tows my trailer. It rides SO much better even in the rear! If the wife noticed and now enjoys it then it's worth it. I'll probably do the track bar in the future but it's good for now as it only has 3,850 miles on it and I really don't drive much.

lifted truck.jpg

Thuren Suspension.jpg

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Might want to turn your end links around. It will be easier when Greasing them.

warrantchief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 3500 has 35" ko2s and thurens .5" all around. I did the full kit including bump stops, track bars, sway bar and steering damper.

Attached are before, after, and towing with ~1000lbs of tongue weight. It's hard to tell from the angle of the photo but it still has a smidge of rake.

I wouldn't want to go any softer or higher.

IMG_1579.jpeg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2234.jpeg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956