Thuren overland lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
anybody running this kit....and use it off-road? How’s it flex? Ride ect ......

1E2D4BBC-F9F2-4BAA-A251-3123C4301929.png

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is leaps and bounds better than the Power Wagon suspension, which is leaps and bounds better than the normal 2500 suspension. About the only downfall would be less payload, which can be remedied with a set of bags.

For the record I dont have the suspension (yet), but have done plenty enough research and heard nothing but raves from people who do. "I dont like my Thuren suspension system" said NO ONE.

OP
OP
22hemi13

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
It is leaps and bounds better than the Power Wagon suspension, which is leaps and bounds better than the normal 2500 suspension. About the only downfall would be less payload, which can be remedied with a set of bags.

For the record I dont have the suspension (yet), but have done plenty enough research and heard nothing but raves from people who do. "I dont like my Thuren suspension system" said NO ONE.
Yeah. That’s my consensus also. I want a pw but already have a gasser 2500. So I think some small upgrades and this thing will be pretty decent off-road

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not sure about flex, but it sure as hell rides better than stock.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Just installed mine two days ago. I haven't had it offroad yet but the on road manners are a noticeable improvement over stock. I picked up a new set of wheels are tires this morning and had them in the bed (500lbs) and it was a silky smooth trip home with less than an inch of sag.

OP
OP
22hemi13

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Think I’m gonna go with this kit. Prolly right at first of the year. And throw on some 35’s

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thuren and Carli both pride them selves on “ Best all around performance” yes you loose a bit of payload but Carli and Thuren actually have pictures where they loaded the trucks down with payload so you can see how much sag they have. Their kits are designed to be able to tow ur **** to where ever you are going, un hook your truck, and treat it as your weekend toy. Thuren and Carli make top notch stuff and do a ton of R&D. There is a shop in Cali that basically only installs their stuff. Check em out -

https://www.cjcoffroad.com/

OP
OP
22hemi13

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Thuren and Carli both pride them selves on “ Best all around performance” yes you loose a bit of payload but Carli and Thuren actually have pictures where they loaded the trucks down with payload so you can see how much sag they have. Their kits are designed to be able to tow ur **** to where ever you are going, un hook your truck, and treat it as your weekend toy. Thuren and Carli make top notch stuff and do a ton of R&D. There is a shop in Cali that basically only installs their stuff. Check em out -

https://www.cjcoffroad.com/
I was on that website yesterday. Pretty nice stuff.

OP
OP
22hemi13

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Well I think I’ve decided on the thuren overland extreme kit. Later on I can replace shocks and pretty much everything else will be in place and done. I will iron out details tomorrow. I do gotta say that Chris is quite good to work with and their response time was fast. Had no idea I’d get a response and have things figured out in less than an hour. Answered all my questions and just overall was a pleasant experience. Hell I’d pay more just for that kind of service :peace:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I think I’ve decided on the thuren overland extreme kit. Later on I can replace shocks and pretty much everything else will be in place and done. I will iron out details tomorrow. I do gotta say that Chris is quite good to work with and their response time was fast. Had no idea I’d get a response and have things figured out in less than an hour. Answered all my questions and just overall was a pleasant experience. Hell I’d pay more just for that kind of service :peace:

Heck yea, your gonna love it!

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I am very interested in this kit, but I do no off roading. I am most interested in it's ride quality due to some health issues my wife is dealing with. She needs the truck to ride better so that she can travel with me in it. Is this kit good for a situation like I'm facing? Thank you for any and all feedback.

OP
OP
22hemi13

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I am very interested in this kit, but I do no off roading. I am most interested in it's ride quality due to some health issues my wife is dealing with. She needs the truck to ride better so that she can travel with me in it. Is this kit good for a situation like I'm facing? Thank you for any and all feedback.
From people I’ve talked to in person that have the kit. And info on forums the ride quality over stock is night and day difference. So yes I think you’d benefit from just adding the softer suspension “you’ll be losing tow capacity” but ride would be nice. Mine will be on later this week or after Christmas and I’ll be able to give you my honest opining based on what I feel.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

It will certainly ride way better than stock. Weather or not that is good enough for your wife, though, depends on what she can handle. Does she have any issues with the ride quality of a half ton truck?

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
It will certainly ride way better than stock. Weather or not that is good enough for your wife, though, depends on what she can handle. Does she have any issues with the ride quality of a half ton truck?

She has no issues with a half ton

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
She has no issues with a half ton

Well, it should be pretty darn close to acceptable for her then.

I do not have Thurens suspension, so I do not have first hand info on the matter. But I do have a ‘16 power wagon (which rides much better than a regular 3/4 ton), and a ‘17 ram 1/2 ton... and my power wagon is not much stiffer feeling than the half ton... and Thurens suspension is softer/better riding than the power wagon suspension.

If you are not into high speed offroad driving, I would recommend his standard full overland kit. For $1410, it is an incredible bang for your buck.

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/p...systems/2014-power-wagon-overland-system.html

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another question would be, can she handle getting in a 3” lifted 3/4 ton ram lol!

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Another question would be, can she handle getting in a 3” lifted 3/4 ton ram lol!

That's the other issue, at 5'2", she will have to climb in.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's the other issue, at 5'2", she will have to climb in.

If you dont off road heavily, I would highly consider a set of power steps that swing down when the door opens. They are typically much lower than a normal rigid mounted side step, yet are tucked up out of sight when not in use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01