Thuren springs on OR package CTD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Folks as with my other 5th gen posts please don't flame me if I missed a search, but looking for feedback on the Thuren springs for CTD's with the off road package. I'm very tempted to just do the 2.75" F with the 1" R on my new '22 CTD off road package instead of going all out like I did on the old 1500. I have zero intent of this truck seeing air... unlike my old 1500 lol. Just looking for a bit of a small lift with some cushy ride on softer springs with longer bills. The most this rig will see is about 10.5K bumper pull once in a blue moon from the property to the slaughterhouse so by no means is it a daily tow rig. If the thuren springs will give me the daily driver highway feel I'm looking for with a little lift over the off road package then I'm sold. If not I'd like to know upfront so I can plan for other options.

Thanks folks!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds to me like they would work perfect for what you are trying to achieve.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Folks as with my other 5th gen posts please don't flame me if I missed a search, but looking for feedback on the Thuren springs for CTD's with the off road package. I'm very tempted to just do the 2.75" F with the 1" R on my new '22 CTD off road package instead of going all out like I did on the old 1500. I have zero intent of this truck seeing air... unlike my old 1500 lol. Just looking for a bit of a small lift with some cushy ride on softer springs with longer bills. The most this rig will see is about 10.5K bumper pull once in a blue moon from the property to the slaughterhouse so by no means is it a daily tow rig. If the thuren springs will give me the daily driver highway feel I'm looking for with a little lift over the off road package then I'm sold. If not I'd like to know upfront so I can plan for other options.

Thanks folks!
Thuren springs 2.75 front with 1” soft ride rear puts most trucks dead level (tends to look slightly nose high when level) you will need the thuren track bar but I highly recommend you do their swaybar too
C07DE176-C49B-4669-ABFE-F9B9AD3B0D38.jpeg

OP
OP
joshuaeb09

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thuren springs 2.75 front with 1” soft ride rear puts most trucks dead level (tends to look slightly nose high when level) you will need the thuren track bar but I highly recommend you do their swaybar too
View attachment 497840
That sounds perfect actually. I figure with a ranch hand or similar I'll sag the front out a little so I think that sounds like money for me. I was very tempted to leave the laramie sport package alone since it looks so damn good in PR4, but my old man hit a deer in his a few weeks ago and trashed everything behind the grill.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think the rears will effect your payload too much. If you do go this route I would do what quick_shifter said, add thuren active swaybar, track bar and their tuned shocks. It will make your truck feel completely different in a good way.

OP
OP
joshuaeb09

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yea that's the plan. In talking to them probably going to do the 2.75 Front Springs and the mid-rate stock height rear springs w/their adjustable rear spacer setup so I can adjust it for my needs. If I end up towing more often I'll add on cradles+bags down the line. Phase 1 is going to be springs + trackbars + swaybar + the 5100's they sell. I'll more than likely eventually do kings like my old 1500, but I'll wait until everything else is done/dialed in so I can have them valve them right the 1st time.