Thuren Suspension+ questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So I’ve built lots of suspension systems and rarely do I find everything I want to use in the same spot. I’m new to 2500 diesels and I’ve had my 16 ram 2500 Laramie for a few months now. Crew Cab, Short Bed, 60k miles. Works great for me. With the stealth tuner I’ve averaged around 22-24 mpg cruising the flats here. Delete will come down the road. I do have slightly larger tires at 285/75R18.

The problem. I’m used to being able to hit the bumps and driveways around here a little faster then what I can now without getting bounced around.

95% of the time I’m on the highway or in town. 5% I see some fire roads and drive over some rocks at about 5 mph. Normally anything crazy I bring the rock crawling Yota. I do tow trailers but they mostly range from 3-8k.

Now with the background out of the way(If I missed something please let me know.) I’ll go into what I’ve looked at for the build and I appreciate opinions/experiences/ect to save some heartache/dollars.

I’m fairly set on Thuren Suspension.
- King 2.0 (Didn’t figure I’d use the 2.5s to their potential and I’d just be wasting $$$)
- Thuren 1” front/ 1” rear springs(To match the shocks and keep stock geometry.)
- Front & Rear track bars (I’m torn here. Thuren makes good products, rear track bar isn’t adjustable tho. Both Rough County’s are adjustable and I’d save some $$$. Experiences?)
- Boogie Bump Stops (Love progressive bump stops. Would they see any use though really?)
- Thuren Steering Dampener ( I would image it’s an upgrade over stock. Would it be worth it to get the dual rough country kit? Steering Drag Brace from rough country for the bottom of the gear box? Truck does wander some.)
- Sway Bar (Thuren has the active rate sway bar I’d like however I’m wondering if it’s a upgrade I’d notice or if I’d just be wasting $520.)

Any input is greatly appreciated.

AA43E914-559F-4A5A-8812-CB4A984B6624.jpeg
42E8AF7F-548D-4A16-A5FD-83A441F232BC.jpeg

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The rough Country Steering Brace will not work if you get the Thuren Front Say bar. The Synergy will and CJC Off road has them. With the 1" Font coils the Boogie Bumps really won't be worth the money. Track Bar Front and rear is worth it. Rear takes the Wag out of the Truck. Nice and smooth. Everything else you have listed is good also. I have everything that you have listed except Bumps and have the King 2.5 shocks.Truck rides and handles20190813_112554.jpg 20190813_112554.jpg

OP
OP
Russ86

Russ86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The rough Country Steering Brace will not work if you get the Thuren Front Say bar. The Synergy will and CJC Off road has them. With the 1" Font coils the Boogie Bumps really won't be worth the money. Track Bar Front and rear is worth it. Rear takes the Wag out of the Truck. Nice and smooth. Everything else you have listed is good also. I have everything that you have listed except Bumps and have the King 2.5 shocks.Truck rides and handlesView attachment 189633 View attachment 189633

Thuren track bars?

Nice truck.

I’m just trying not to buy stuff I’m not going to use fully. Been a waste of money in a few of my trucks.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes. Front and Rear. You can go with just the coils and shocks for a nice ride. Steering stabilizer is good also.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Keep in mind, every step closer to a Cadillac ride is less payload capacity so if you tow (and tow heavy) keep that in mind. Have to find a good balance.

With that said 22-24mpg average is astonishing. Is that hand calculated?

OP
OP
Russ86

Russ86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Keep in mind, every step closer to a Cadillac ride is less payload capacity so if you tow (and tow heavy) keep that in mind. Have to find a good balance.

With that said 22-24mpg average is astonishing. Is that hand calculated?

Yeah that’s why I’m trying to find something modest. Most the things I do I probably could of gotten by with a 1/2 ton but this handles it a lot better.

That’s with ONLY highway. Only did hand call once so far. 22.8 on a highway trip before I bought it. I average around 18 normally cause of the city.(says the cluster) I just take trips back to Wisconsin a bunch so that’s Why the highway numbers are important t to me. 2600 miles. Stationed out here in Lemoore, CA

I need to get a speedo cal or the efi live but I’m still learning bout that stuff. At 65 gps says 67 so it’s not horrible.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can Adjust with Alpha App. Works well. I tow 8500 lbs my trailer and use Timbrens that work well.

OP
OP
Russ86

Russ86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You can Adjust with Alpha App. Works well. I tow 8500 lbs my trailer and use Timbrens that work well.

Timbrens is normally what I would use in the past to keep flex so I feel you there. What is alpha app?

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It is used to change many features on Ram Trucks. There is a Large Thread here to give you all of the information for it. I used it to change the TPMS and set Tire Size for my Truck to give me the Correct speed. Very useful.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I really don't know alot about Thuren stuff other than it seems pretty top notch. Rough country has been around for a while but the quality isn't exactly the greatest. I don't think you can compare their shocks/steering dampeners with fox or king, etc, etc. I think if you live in a climate where salt is present I'd pay attention to the build quality of whatever you are buying. I recently sold a Silverado and I know when I put my lift in, I chose CST over rough country simply for the weld quality of their parts and their coating over Rough Country.

OP
OP
Russ86

Russ86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I really don't know alot about Thuren stuff other than it seems pretty top notch. Rough country has been around for a while but the quality isn't exactly the greatest. I don't think you can compare their shocks/steering dampeners with fox or king, etc, etc. I think if you live in a climate where salt is present I'd pay attention to the build quality of whatever you are buying. I recently sold a Silverado and I know when I put my lift in, I chose CST over rough country simply for the weld quality of their parts and their coating over Rough Country.

I’ve ran a lot of rough country, bds, zone, procomp, icon, and fox. Bang for your buck is rough country. Never had a problem with them. Some people have tho.

They have a dual shock stabilizer that I figured might be nice compared to the single. I know there is still a recall on our steering.

Probably just going to go with the complete Thuren setup at this point tho. Doesn’t seem to be as many Rams running anything other then complete kits. We’ll see tho.

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thuren or Carli period. I've run Carli on a previous truck. May try Thuren this time around on my Wagon if I make any upgrades to the suspension. I would not even consider any of the other brands mentioned in this thread.