Ticking after installing shorty header on 14 ram 1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed shorty header an now have a ticking problem when accelerating. With the stock header before I never had this problem but after the shorty, I have a ticking noise. Anyone have this problem with shorty. There is no exhaust leak either .

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How loud is the ticking. does it correspond with RPM? Like higher RPM faster and louder ticking? you are positive there is no leaks, how did you check? Did this happen immediately after install or started after a little while?

Not sure if this is what you are hearing but valvetrain noise will be more noticeable with headers normally.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most likely valvetrain noise as mentioned by nick. I have ARH long tube headers and have valvetrain noise that I almost thought I had an exhaust leak on my truck.

OP
OP
S

Shane24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How loud is the ticking. does it correspond with RPM? Like higher RPM faster and louder ticking? you are positive there is no leaks, how did you check? Did this happen immediately after install or started after a little while?

Not sure if this is what you are hearing but valvetrain noise will be more noticeable with headers normally.
Its start up pretty good but when I accelerate it starts to tick an when I let go of the gas it stops.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree, sounds like a leak. Did you check for clearance, is anything rubbing anywhere after install?

OP
OP
S

Shane24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed shorty header an now have a ticking problem when accelerating. With the stock header before I never had this problem but after the shorty, I have a ticking noise. Anyone have this problem with shorty. There is no exhaust leak either .