Tight to body running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pinetag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello all,
This will be my first post on this forum as a new Ram owner, but I am fairly familiar with the forum world so I will just jump right in.

I have been a lifetime Chevrolet buyer, but I recently traded in my 2016 Silverado (due to a variety of reasons) on a 2019 Ram crew cab blackout edition that was a returned lease. It's in excellent condition with only 18,000 miles and so far I am really liking the truck, except the running boards. It has the low hanging tubular style boards with 3 brackets that mount to the underside, which make it sit even closer to the ground. I really want to replace them with something that fits tighter to the body but won't break the bank ($300 or so). Forum search results seem to be geared toward power steps ($$) or the Mopar brand steps which look like they run about $800. Are there any suggestions for something that's not oem or power that will fit tight to the body? BTW, I would like to keep the all black look so i will not be going with chrome.

Thanks for the suggestions and I look forward to y'alls wisdom for other future mods to the Ram. Hopefully the next step will be a leveling kit and some bigger all terrain tires.
f1701c4340ea69e74808d64794413270.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
You could check out the GoRhino running boards. They have flat style ones that look like they sit tight.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I installed some Westin step boards kinda old style, however I modified the mounting brackets to draw the boards closer .i just oblonged some predrilled holes and drilled some new where needed.

OP
OP
P

pinetag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You could check out the GoRhino running boards. They have flat style ones that look like they sit tight.
Thanks OC. I will take a look at those.

OP
OP
P

pinetag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed some Westin step boards kinda old style, however I modified the mounting brackets to draw the boards closer .i just oblonged some predrilled holes and drilled some new where needed.
That's actually a great idea! I might even do that on my existing ones until I find something I really like.