Timber Grove air bags, whats the highest PSI that you have used?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
I installed a pair of Timber Grove ASAM on my 2019 Big Horn Classic for towing my 25' toy hauler and to get my truck back to level I had to go to 115 lbs pressure. Not knowing what the maximum working pressure was for the system I messaged them on Facebook and got a reply:

"550 PSI is max, not a typo"

WOW, I would have never thought they would handle that kind of pressure. Heck I don't own an air compressor that would push out that kind of pressure. Unbelievable.

What kind of PSI are others running?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Were you just inflating one airbag? Holy [emoji207] that's a lot for helper airbags. You might be a bit heavy on the tongue. If your toy hauler is empty that can explain why it's heavy.
Granted I have slightly larger diagram airbags, but I've rarely gone up/over 30 psi. I'm usually at about 15 psi with the WDH and depending on how the trailer is loaded upwards of 900 tongue.

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Were you just inflating one airbag? Holy [emoji207] that's a lot for helper airbags. You might be a bit heavy on the tongue. If your toy hauler is empty that can explain why it's heavy.
Granted I have slightly larger diagram airbags, but I've rarely gone up/over 30 psi. I'm usually at about 15 psi with the WDH and depending on how the trailer is loaded upwards of 900 tongue.

Didn't have WDH on, just pulled the trailer around to the barn to air tires and grease axles, and yes it was empty.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I read some guys run up into the fifties with TG airbags.
I don't level the truck off with the airbags when the WDH is going on. I use the WDH to finish leveling the truck. Because the cargo changes, I spot check the WDH adjustment by the front wheel height. It's usually spot on adjustment wise and stable enough to one hand on the steering wheel.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably rated that high so they don’t blow out when you hit a bump. When the suspension compresses, when you hit a bump, the pressure in the bags will spike well above the static inflated pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Probably rated that high so they don’t blow out when you hit a bump. When the suspension compresses, when you hit a bump, the pressure in the bags will spike well above the static inflated pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the fluctuations are "baked into the cake" with the max rating. Same with tires. Cold PSI tells us one thing but hot it can run significantly higher. If they give the bags a max rating that's assumed to be while sitting still. I'm just trying to wrap my head around finding a compressor that can go to 550psi. Something about this just doesn't sound right.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I am thinking if you have to inflate your bags to 115 to get level you are not set up right or don't have enough truck. With my 13,500lb fiver it takes all of the rake out of my truck & sits level. I did buy airbags just to help the springs out when I hit bumps. Probably didn't need to install them but I already purchased them before I seen how my trailer was going to affect the truck. My next big purchase is going to be an air ride pin box. They say once you have had one of those you will never go back to a solid one.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
My 2500 towing the big trailer (13,500) uses 35 - 40 PSI to get back to level. Something sounds off with your setup if you need to use 115 PSI.

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Not in a hurry to pull the trailer yet as I still have to introduce the computer to the trailer brake controller that I installed, but one thing I did notice is I have to adjust the WDH down at least 1 notch. I do have the front raised up with Bilstein shocks but the rear is stock. I also have a slightly larger diameter tires (from 275 60's to 275 65's) but the should not make a difference. Most likely not until another week or so before I try to adjust the WDH to this truck so maybe this will change somewhat.

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
WELL, finally got around to getting the Harley loaded into the toy hauler and set up the weight distribution hitch and found that all I needed was 35 lbs of air in the Timber Grove ASAM's to level out the Ram. Good to know that I won't be in the triple digits in air pressure.
Actually went on a 12 mile drive around the block (so to speak) and found the ride very comfortable and no problems with the Hemi puling my loaded unit.