Time to change tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d_coyne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I am really impressed with my Continental Terrain Contact AT tires. It's a mild AT so if you do mostly onroad stuff they are great. I didn't notice any drop in fuel economy or notice any road noise over the Bad Year stock tires I replaced. In the tirerack review it beat out the Bridgestone Revo's, Cooper AT3, and Pirelli Scorpion's in every road test category. I haven't seen much in off road reviews but it did fantastic in the MN winter snow this past year and never slips hauling out my 6k lbs of boat/trailer from the lake. I previously ran the Bridgestone Revo's on my Grand Cherokee for years and was very happy with them. The Continentals are a lot better.

Check out the video on this page if you want to see the road test:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...346544927405!e!!g!!continental terraincontact

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I'm currently running the OEM Toyo Open Country on my '17 Rebel. At 18k, they have about 3/4 of the tread left. They're pretty quiet (for an A/T) on the road and handle well on dry pavement, light off road conditions and snow. The hydroplaning resistance at highway speed could be better. Over all, a pretty good tire.

chopstewie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi v8 gas
I know this is not included in your list, but I am rather fond of my general grabber ATX tires. They perform great in all weather and all conditions.

slam 425

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 e-torque
I’m in the same situation I ordered wildpeak AT3 today OEM
275 60/20 based on the great reviews on the forum from my local tire shop 183$ per tire installed (getting 4) wrangler SR/A were quoted around 120$
Getting wildpeakss installed Wednesday

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
I upgraded tires when I bought my '17. My research on Tire Rack showed for my needs (good wet, dry, & snow traction, good braking, and QUIET), the top two ranked tires were the Firestone Destination ATs and the Yokohama Geolander ATs. I got the Yokohamas as they were $40/tire cheaper. They met all expectations here in my northern Illinois climate. Only have 11k miles on them, but at this time I"ll buy another set of Geolanders when needed (upsizing to 33" then).

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Hello ,

I already did the tire research and by budget I’m in to 3 different brands. After reading alll the specs and reviews I am considering The Toyo Open Country, The Cooper AT or the Good Year Wrangler AT.

I would take in serious consideration any recommendations from this forum.

Thank you
G Year bottom of the bottom of my list. Michelin is at the top but expensive.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Toyo Open Country, the 35”s on my 2500 diesel have almost 30k on them and about 1/2 gone. Quiet to me (my last truck had old school GY MTRs on it) and excellent traction.

My cousin had bought those Coopers for his ‘06 Ram and said they were done in 25k miles.

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
I have had the Goodyears on my 1998 Ram and think they are as good as the Coopers so My opinion is either of those two .

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just put Cooper at3 4s on my 16 ram. So far good in the rain and dry roads. No tire noise that I can hear, no vibration and only lost 1/2 a gallon mpg. Also ride smooth and handle well. No idea about longevity and winter handling.

Last edited:

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am really impressed with my Continental Terrain Contact AT tires. It's a mild AT so if you do mostly onroad stuff they are great. I didn't notice any drop in fuel economy or notice any road noise over the Bad Year stock tires I replaced. In the tirerack review it beat out the Bridgestone Revo's, Cooper AT3, and Pirelli Scorpion's in every road test category. I haven't seen much in off road reviews but it did fantastic in the MN winter snow this past year and never slips hauling out my 6k lbs of boat/trailer from the lake. I previously ran the Bridgestone Revo's on my Grand Cherokee for years and was very happy with them. The Continentals are a lot better.

Check out the video on this page if you want to see the road test:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...346544927405!e!!g!!continental terraincontact
Same tires I have and love them!

1087746c1eb35e568cf7cf6679b30c29.jpg
Of the three the OP listed, I'd go with the cooper's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ndiehm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone use the Wildpeak HT?

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an FYI, someone put a link to testing that was done. I would like to point out the testing was done against the Cooper AT3 4S which is not the ATW+4. The ATW+4 has been tested against snow tire and out performed in some aspects of the testing. The ATW+4 is a true 4 season tire using a colder temp rubber, but higher silicate to minimize summer wear. It has twice the sips of the AT3 and the sipes are cut full depth in the block. I had them and loved them best set of tires I ever purchased for my truck and when my Ram needs new sneakers I will be looking to get the ATW+4.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 Laramie.
I am not impressed with the GY All Season Tires they came with.
I only have 25k miles on it, but had to replace 2 tires.
Once when someone cut me off and I tagged and tore the sidewall, and another when my neighbors tree fell and took out the sidewall in the other.
I don't want something too aggressive looking, I just want something that doesn't suck in the snow.
Previously, I had a 2010 Nissan Frontier Pro4X, and that was great in the snow.
Lots to think about here when they do get replaced.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Current Ram came equipped with Yokohama G015 and had them on a previous truck. So far the best all round A/T tire I've had. Quiet for an aggressive tread and E rated, handle snow/rain/ice like a champ and the price was the best out of the tires I was looking at the time. The fact that this new truck came with them off the lot was a bonus. Did look at Falken and Firestone when I was in the market but like I said price was a big player for me. Lots of people say great things about the Cooper AT/3 but my experience was not positive, granted I bought the 1st gen AT/3 and I believe they have tweaked things a bit... but the old saying " Once bitten twice shy ".
Oh by the way did I mention they look good as well.
IMG-20190706-111938.png
IMG-20190706-111945.png
Are they 17 inch.
Or 20