Time to start Play'in...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Playloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram, Rebel
Engine
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum but not so new to Rams this is my 3rd rig.
I had an 2001 sport club cab with the 5.9 gas, an 07 sport 4 door with the 5.7 and now I am a year into
owning a 2017 Rebel. I am extremely happy with the rig so far and it has done everything I have asked of it so far

My goal is to add a bit of a lift, probably go with the 4" BDS and some Toyo MTs as that's what I have run in the past. Thinking 35's to keep it streetable as we have to drive quite a ways to any decent wheeling destinations.

I have 2 questions I'm hoping someone here can answer or at least lead me in the right direction...

...1 Lockers, does anyone manufacture an air or e locker for the existing axels in the rebel ?
...2 Will the winch bumper off the Power Wagon fit the rebel ?

Thanks guys for any and all input
Cheers
:driver:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome and congrats on the rebel

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome and congrats.

1)not that I know of
2)not 100% sure there. I dont see why it wouldnt

Let us know if we can help you with any upgrades or maintenance items. We offer discounts on everything for all the members here

DVC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome!

I'm new here, too, but from what I've learned so far...

1) Not that I'm aware of, but multiple aftermarket shops that I've talked to have assured me that the stock LSD and 3.92 rear on the Rebel is excellent, and that in 4 lo (with the proper Borg Warner 44-45 4wd transfer case that we have), the truck is very capable. I have been trawling these and other Rebel forums, as well as Expedition Portal and Overland Bound, and I have yet to see one Ram owner report that they got stuck anywhere. (I have seen a couple brag about pulling Wranglers out of the mud though... just saying' ; )

2) I don't think the Power Wagon bumper will fit, but I have seen a couple guys get a welding shop to make them a custom winch mount that fits inside the stock bumper to hold a 10k winch with room to spare. The result looks fantastic... very similar to the Power Wagon.

Last edited: