Tip for installing the bright pedal kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I see a few guys who have sprung for the bright pedal kit,and fight to install the brake pedal pad.
I use a hair dryer or carefully use a heat gun,and warm the hell out of the cover,then just slide the brake pedal cover up from the bottom and use my fingers to work the pain in ass upper rubber flap over the steel part of the original brake pedal. I've done a couple sets,mostly on cars,but the trucks are the same basic procedure,and if you get the rubber backing almost to hot to touch,the cover isn't all that hard to install,they are a ***** to install at room temperature,even on a hot day,and heating it up seems to make them more pliable and easy to install.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I see a few guys who have sprung for the bright pedal kit,and fight to install the brake pedal pad.
I use a hair dryer or carefully use a heat gun,and warm the hell out of the cover,then just slide the brake pedal cover up from the bottom and use my fingers to work the pain in ass upper rubber flap over the steel part of the original brake pedal. I've done a couple sets,mostly on cars,but the trucks are the same basic procedure,and if you get the rubber backing almost to hot to touch,the cover isn't all that hard to install,they are a ***** to install at room temperature,even on a hot day,and heating it up seems to make them more pliable and easy to install.
I totally agree brother. I use a heat gun to warm them up and then install them once they are almost too hot to handle. I have used a blow drier a few times and they were tough to get on but the heat gun works so much better.

pdvirgin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel 3.0
What is the bright pedal kit? Any pictures?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What is the bright pedal kit? Any pictures?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Google is your friend.It's a kit to cover the gas pedal and brake pedals,available from your local dealer or any online Mopar vendor like Benny

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Wish I was at home when I did mine so I could have used the heat!!!
Soap, a small screwdriver and a 1/2 hr later I finally got the sumbeech locked on!!
Lol...thats what I get for modding away from home

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I used dish soap & a metal tool went real easy

You're the only guy in the world who's ever got them on easy using dish soap and a metal tool Simpleman,lol.Go pull up a couple U-tube video's on installing them,and 2 hours later the guys are still trying to get them on cold,lol

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
do you take off the existing rubber and put them on the metal or do they go over what’s already on the pedals?
You remove the existing runner pad from the brake pedal and install the new one in its place. It is a lot easier with heat and the rubber is nice and soft.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
You remove the existing runner pad from the brake pedal and install the new one in its place. It is a lot easier with heat and the rubber is nice and soft.

Ok cool. what about the gas pedal?

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're the only guy in the world who's ever got them on easy using dish soap and a metal tool Simpleman,lol.Go pull up a couple U-tube video's on installing them,and 2 hours later the guys are still trying to get them on cold,lol
I just got lucky thats all i know there tough

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got these for my birthday and finally installed them today. I used a lot of tips from this thread and the brake cover went on in 5 min. First I microwaved a small container of hot soapy water for 1.5 min then soaked the brake cover for about the same amount of time. I also started from the top of the cover and then worked my way down. Here are the results...:D

EB01CC2B-DF5C-476F-AC50-D5A9CFAAE71A.jpeg 47BAFDD7-AA66-4201-BF5B-273F8C308D9B.jpeg

Last edited:

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My brake pedal wasn’t really an issue, it’s the e-brake cover that won’t stay on and is driving me nuts. :favorites68:

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
So I got the pedal covers off of wish for about $25. I was stressing on the install and hadn’t taken them out of box till I was ready. I watched a couple videos and was worried about the brake pedal since once it’s off, you’re past the point of no return and they all seemed to really struggle with getting it on.

So knockoffs compared to the real Mopar bright pedals. The knockoff gas pedal does not clip onto the gas pedal. It also has a rubber surround that goes around the whole pedal. It is solid and went on super easy. The emergency brake pedal cover is pretty much a direct replacement. Off with the old and on with the new. Same backing and it is on solid.

Now the brake pedal. The mopar pedal had solid hard rubber around it that is a pain to get on even when heating it up. Also the Mopar pedal cover had the center bulge that sits in the metal pedal indentation. The knockoff does not have that and it also has less rubber and is softer rubber to stretch over the brake pedal. It also sits on the brake pedal very solidly.

So overall the knockoffs are on very solid, look identical AND with no heating up at all and just used my fingers. I had the gas, brake and ebrake pedals on in about 10 minutes. All hail the knockoff!

only time will tell now if they last or loosen up but as of now I consider it a huge win and put the difference I saved towards a catch can and for $25 if I have to replace them in a year, who cares.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those do look nice, but I did direct bolt on pedals on both of mine because I was afraid of the rubber wearing out eventually, I'm basically lazy and hate to do things twice. lol
IMG_20160803_185200_682.jpg
IMG_20160804_172212_066.jpg