Tips on White Knuckle Slider Install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I read somewhere that if they're not installed correctly (maybe with a spacer?) that they may creak. Any tips to potentially alleviate any rattling or creaking would be appreciated...:anitoof:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read somewhere that if they're not installed correctly (maybe with a spacer?) that they may creak. Any tips to potentially alleviate any rattling or creaking would be appreciated...:anitoof:

Just take your time. I had the squeaking issue after installing mine. Ended up being a few of the bolts (or nuts, dont remember). The tolerances are so tight, with minor flexing when driving they were rubbing on the body. I just had to grind some of the bolt heads/nuts down a bit and it fixed it on mine!

With you having the newer style truck with the frame mounted gadgets, there may be some other tricks, too. Im not sure.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nothing to do with spacer. They will just make a noise. It will go away. Mine made that noise at first. Went away after like a month and half.

Second set of hands helps a lot.

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Interested as i'm getting mine delivered in a couple of weeks (currently at the powdercoaters last time I spoke to WKO).

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Each bracket is both location and orientation specific. Install them as low as they’ll go on the frame (not that there’s a ton of variance to begin with) and you should be ok.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks fellas...:favorites13:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got them delivered today and installed them this afternoon. Heavy sob's and seem stout af.

wWAmAR4h.jpg
vY6WnTSh.jpg
wESRjXfh.jpg

Nice!

That looks like one of those creepers that you can accidentally fall asleep in LOL.

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got them delivered today and installed them this afternoon. Heavy sob's and seem stout af.

wWAmAR4h.jpg
vY6WnTSh.jpg
wESRjXfh.jpg

Truck is looking great! I’ve almost got myself convinced to drop the coin on the White Knuckles. Buy once cry once I guess.

I’ve seen it discussed but I couldn’t find the thread. How functional are these as a step? I know they make a top plate for them. I would love the protection of the sliders but want some step assist especially for my GF and Mom.

Also, what cargo rack is that you have?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Truck is looking great! I’ve almost got myself convinced to drop the coin on the White Knuckles. Buy once cry once I guess.

I’ve seen it discussed but I couldn’t find the thread. How functional are these as a step? I know they make a top plate for them. I would love the protection of the sliders but want some step assist especially for my GF and Mom.

Also, what cargo rack is that you have?

They stick out enough to use them as a step, just barely; also since they are made to order if you wanted them to stick out a little bit further I believe they can accommodate that for a small upcharge. I didn't know about that option until it was too late otherwise I would have probably gone with that option.
I'll try to snap some pics later of the amount of space available for a step.

As for the rack, it's made by RCI Offroad; it's their 18" universal. They make a lower version as well but since i'm using a Decked drawer system I wanted the extra space.

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Here are some pics for reference. I wear 11.5 size shoes. Going into the cab is fairly easy as the toe will fit a bit in between the slider and cab; getting out is a bit different as you're now using your heel. If wet, I could see this being a problem with slipping. I'll probably add some non-slip tape or spray on the portions which will get heavy use.
Let me know if you need any other pics:

dlZYbYfh.jpg
G8hmf6Fh.jpg
daueimEh.jpg

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are some pics for reference. I wear 11.5 size shoes. Going into the cab is fairly easy as the toe will fit a bit in between the slider and cab; getting out is a bit different as you're now using your heel. If wet, I could see this being a problem with slipping. I'll probably add some non-slip tape or spray on the portions which will get heavy use.
Let me know if you need any other pics:

dlZYbYfh.jpg
G8hmf6Fh.jpg
daueimEh.jpg
Thanks for the pics! Definitely will ask about extending them out if I decide to go that route.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
look great I built mine they don't look as nice but they cost me 1/3 the price it would have cost me because of shipping and the Canadian peso

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I put plate on mine because we have dogs. had sliders on my jeep that where similar one of the dogs slipped getting out and caught her leg in the space and broke it .and it helps a little to keep the crap off

BillyGoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I remember when mine looked that perty....mine are rusty as hell due to the MI winters. I wish the PC lasted longer than 2 years. Anybody know how long they last rhino lined? Shiny black truck with rusty bars...lol

I too had mine widened to use as a step.... works great but can be slick and you will bust your shin if u slip...ask me how I know.