Tire Balancing on lifted truck-(solved)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Godvin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use the tire beads, we used them in our semi's and I use them on my Trailers and Motorcycles for 20 years, never a problem !!

motal2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
A couple things… 1.Spacer are not wise, to much strain, especially with 22” wheels. 2. 37 on 12 ply tires on 22inch wheels, Not enough side wall for tires to absorb all the little pumps of the road. your truck looks cool but your wheel and tire package is just to big for a 1500. 3. balance bead are good for semi long haul over the road application stuff. They may work for some people but unrealistic expectation from people. Best of luck to you.

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
Your lack of backspacing positions the tire/wheel a lot farther outboard yielding a lot more leverage over your suspension components. I'd recommend Centramatics to everyone. Nittos are quality tires so it might be your rims. Aftermarket wheels give tire balancers headaches sometimes.

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I use the tire beads, we used them in our semi's and I use them on my Trailers and Motorcycles for 20 years, never a problem !!
Beads are so----1950-ish... Move over to the Centramatic Balancers, most over the road companies use them now.. I have used Centramatics since the beads failed to perform..

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't care what any one says the cv shaft can cause a vibration . I know it because I replaced one that felt fine and my vibe disappeared . The shaft is attached to the hub and if the hub spins so does the cv shaft both sides . Where the cv attaches to the input shaft gets sloppier than the sloppy fit is even when new on some 1500s. I only found out by accident when I poked a hole in the boot changing a hub on my old 03 and my vibe I had for a long time disappeared. When I bought the 14 I put 35s on it with leveling kit and BL then a vibe started . Felt the same as the 03 so I said I know what that is . Changed both front axles and no change on that one . Never could find what was wrong but switching to tires that was 20lbs lighter got rid of the vibe that 35 12.50 20 KO2s started .