Tire Dressings That Are Good For the Arizona Desert Climate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I have used this Permatex No Touch tire dressing for a long time, but I just got some glorious, new Bridgestone Duravis tires on on my '19 Cummins dually and got wondering about this stuff. Though it is very easy to use, and leaves a nice semi gloss look (I don't like "wet look"), I wonder if it is good for the rubber. It claims to have UV protection, but who knows? What do some of you detailing experts use as a tire dressing that is actually--tried and true--good for the rubber? Tires degrade quickly in the s. Arizona climate and I'd like to know which product would be best.

s-l1600.jpgDSCF6628.JPG

Last edited:

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think alot of the tire dedicated newer products on the shelves are all fairly good. The manufacturers have added tire preserving fators into the products. They don't want to deteriorate the rubber, they want the opposite.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I have used this Permatex No Touch tire dressing for a long time, but I just got some glorious, new Bridgestone Duravis tires on on my '19 Cummins dually and got wondering about this stuff. Though it is very easy to use, and leaves a nice semi gloss look (I don't like "wet look"), I wonder if it is good for the rubber. It claims to have UV protection, but who knows? What do some of you detailing experts use as a tire dressing that is actually--tried and true--good for the rubber?

View attachment 514047View attachment 514054

Does it say anything about dry rot? That is what harms tires.

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
I love my Meguiars Endurance tire gel. Never seen it do anything negative to my tires in the 5+ years i've been using it.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I love my Meguiars Endurance tire gel. Never seen it do anything negative to my tires in the 5+ years i've been using it.
Does it attract dust?

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
Does it attract dust?

A bit, but to be honest, you can't tell. The shine will come almost black if you were to drive for a week and then take a rag and wipe the tire, but the tire shine looks damn good still

jak0253

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
What you 'all think of Armour All?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For tires?
Yeah, I just picked up adams graphene tire dressing kit. I'm pretty curious to see how well it works.

I've used 303 products quite a bit on various applications and have liked them.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What you 'all think of Armour All?
I know they make a couple ok products... I guess. But years ago when they were one of the few on the shelves, I found tires would brown not long after use. Now that said, alot of the brands have stepped their game up. Turtle wax for example. Alot of their products get attention from folks now. They have their Hybrid Solutions Graphene tire product that people like. And easy to get on lots of store shelves.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I see they have many products. Which have you found best, John?
When I first used 303 they only had one, called Aerospace Protectant. Now they have a variety of titles for the product but I still use their Aerospace Protectant. I've used it on boats, vehicles, etc with great results. I especially like it as the last step when detailing my engine compartment. Learned that trick from a well known detailer friend. I can easily recommend the Aerospace Protectant.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
When I first used 303 they only had one, called Aerospace Protectant. Now they have a variety of titles for the product but I still use their Aerospace Protectant. I've used it on boats, vehicles, etc with great results. I especially like it as the last step when detailing my engine compartment. Learned that trick from a well known detailer friend. I can easily recommend the Aerospace Protectant.
old 303 is good - it is the application vs modern products where it falls behind