Tire Dressings That Are Good For the Arizona Desert Climate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REDinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew
Engine
5.7 2wd 3.92

Gilbert, AZ here. I use this specific Meguiars on all 5 vehicles. It is outstanding. Interior, exterior, and tires.

FWIW they make same product in a "Natural Shine" level as well. I have never found the "supreme" offensive, IMO it just comes out looking like you've clearly sprayed a protectant on things.

Last edited:

97RedRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use Meguiars Ultimate Black. Sprays on and dries in minutes and is non greasy. Lasts longer than the greasy dressings.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
303 if you want protection
And you weren't kidding, John. I got a 32 ounce bottle of 303 Aerospace Protectant and applied it to my new aluminum powder coated Leer Tonneau cover and man, what a product. I applied by wetting a small microfiber towel with it, and then immediately wiped and buffed dry with another,... section by section. This stuff is the goo!!! It does not have silicone oils, so it does not leave any greasy film behind. Won't attract dust and has ultimate UV protection. I've used it with just as much success on my tires and mud flaps, too. THANKS, JOHN!

1685649020714.png

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought Koch Chemie PSS and I will say this, as far as an even coat its amazing and shiny. Let me get past the next few weeks and I will give a good report on it. My two go two products are Shine Supply Decked out or Carpro Perl. Both mix it a little stronger then recommended and it looks great and lasts at least a month.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So to update, I am 12 days in with the Koch Chemie PSS and its seen rain multiple times. The tires still remain a very nice satin finish. Another option is Undrdog tire coating. I ran it a few times and it held a good shine for over a month.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
:worthy:Here's the 303 Aerospace on my new Bridgestone tires. Stuff soaks into the rubber leaving a UV protecting barrier. As long as the excess is wiped off and buffed, it leaves the tire dry w/ no residue at all, attracting no dust. This 303 is all I will ever use now on my tires and exterior black trim. Now, what to do with the rest of the junky products I've tried and accumulated. :mad:

Those Australians sure know how to make good products. My AU made Coolaroo shade fabric panels have been up for 14 years in the SW Arizona climate and still look new, and are still as elastic as the day I installed them.

1687371834803.png

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Goose55 A little picture I took this morning. Its been on some dirt roads and this was still after I washed it. Koch Chemie PSS. I absolute love its longevity.

Attachments

• IMG_3981.JPG
    IMG_3981.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
@Goose55 A little picture I took this morning. Its been on some dirt roads and this was still after I washed it. Koch Chemie PSS. I absolute love its longevity.
Thanks for sharing. I just read: "Plast Star is a silicone oil free dressing." Is this missing a comma? Is it silicone free AND oil free? Or, is it a silicone product?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its both from what I gather. This per their website.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
Just a note, probably not news, but those foam tire cleaners work great on tonneau covers. Only thing I've found that makes them shine. Even my homebrew cleaner won't do that.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Just a note, probably not news, but those foam tire cleaners work great on tonneau covers. Only thing I've found that makes them shine. Even my homebrew cleaner won't do that.
Well, the manufacturer of the tonneau cover I just bought a couple months ago, Pace Edwards, discourages the use of anything containing silicone. They actually recommended what they have found to be the best product, "303 Aerospace" UV Protectant and sealant. I applied a coat soon after installing the cover and it is fantastic. And nothing beats it for restoring/ maintaining black plastic exterior trim. I've even applied it to my recently purchased Bridgestone tires. Leaves no greasy, oily residue, leaving a completely dry, gloss/ mat finish. Repels dust. Went out to our rifle range yesterday, the last mile being a dry, dusty-powdery, desert road. Came back and the tires don't have any dust on them at all, still dark black.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, the manufacturer of the tonneau cover I just bought a couple months ago, Pace Edwards, discourages the use of anything containing silicone. They actually recommended what they have found to be the best product, "303 Aerospace" UV Protectant and sealant. I applied a coat soon after installing the cover and it is fantastic. And nothing beats it for restoring/ maintaining black plastic exterior trim. I've even applied it to my recently purchased Bridgestone tires. Leaves no greasy, oily residue, leaving a completely dry, gloss/ mat finish. Repels dust. Went out to our rifle range yesterday, the last mile being a dry, dusty-powdery, desert road. Came back and the tires don't have any dust on them at all, still dark black.
303 is great stuff no doubt there. It all comes down to personal preference. As I always say if you are happy with it, then that is all that matters. Koch Chemie has been around since the 60s and everything they develop has had extensive research and development. It far surpasses the industry norm. That is why I love their stuff so much. I am slowly getting away from Carpro even though their stuff is amazing, I am finding I am getting far better results that meet my level of standards for detailing vs everyone else. Now don't get me wrong Meguairs M40 is still a favorite of mine. I am playing around with Koch Chemie TS and its giving me better results and is easier to get your hands on.