Tire Fill Alert (TFA) Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
Anyone having issues with TFA option? I watched the RAM video and followed the instructions and can't get TFA to engage, i.e., hazard lights flashing and horn signaling when deflating or inflating the tires. I selected TFA in UConnect.

PRS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 3500 DRW HO Aisin Longhorn Megacab, Delmonico Red
Engine
6.7CTD
There are two places to activate TFA. One is in settings, where you select it on. The other is in Apps, mine is on the last page, where you set the psi by axle.

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
There are two places to activate TFA. One is in settings, where you select it on. The other is in Apps, mine is on the last page, where you set the psi by axle.
Tried that too, no luck. I may have to bring it in for service because I can't for the life of me figure out why the TFA won't work. My understanding from the ram video, as soon as you put something on the valve stem it should flash the hazard lights and Horn should honk.

Is that your impression as well?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
just an idea, did you try the TFA after driving the truck around for a while?

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
just an idea, did you try the TFA after driving the truck around for a while?
No, I haven't. Why do you think that may be the problem? I'll certainly try that before making a service call

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It might be worth a try, maybe if the truck hasn't moved much the tire sensor data goes old and the truck ignores it? just throwing out a $0.02 idea to try

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
It might be worth a try, maybe if the truck hasn't moved much the tire sensor data goes old and the truck ignores it? just throwing out a $0.02 idea to try
Could be so I'll try that. Thx

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
At the start of the day, I need to drive for about 3-5 mins then the sensors refresh themselves and work properly.

Also, this is just so much easier...

6EF44B0F-F57A-40C6-8061-725ED106A9D6.jpeg

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
Too much computer dependence on vehicles. And I am an IT automation guy.
It's not going to get any better from that perspective, vehicle computers run just about everything now to include stopping when you're distracted.

Packerbkd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
I didn't know my truck had this feature. I went to a Kwik Trip where they have an air up station where you can set a target pressure. I input 36 lbs and began airing up my tires. When it got to 36, the truck horn blew. I thought people in the truck was messing with me. I filled the rest of the tires and the same horn honk occured each time! The truck must have the 36 lbs in a setting somewhere. Pretty cool feature actually.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That might be what's happening. It honks when you reach the pressure not as you're airing up?

Packerbkd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
That might be what's happening. It honks when you reach the pressure not as you're airing up?
My truck shows a low pressure alert on the dash without any audible alert. It happened a lot when it got cold this winter. That is why I aired them up all at once to the same 36 lbs and heard my horn honk every time.

On my build sheet, it shows "Tire Fill Alert" which I believe is the honking when filling. I also have "Tire Pressure Monitoring Display" which shows the tire pressure on the console and alerts when low.