Tire fitment question for 2019 Ram warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eller123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys! Quick question about tire fitment. I have a 2019 ram 1500 warlock and I'm looking to upgrade the tires to Toyo open country AT3 on my stock 20" wheels. I don't want to get into leveling or lift kits. Does anyone know if 285/60/20 will fit without any rubbing or other issues? Like I said I have no interest in leveling or lifting. My current stock tires are 275 60 20

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Considering there's not much dimensional difference between the two:
275x60xR20-285x60xR20.png
I think people have put 34"s on these trucks without rubbing, and 35"s will rub slightly if you hard over the front wheels without leveling.

OP
OP
E

eller123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice! Thanks man. I'll let you guys know how it goes

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I've got LT285/65R20 BFG K02's on my truck and they haze zero rubbing on full turn stop-to-stop. I like the little more height I get from the "65" series.

YeeterLee

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
you'll be fine. im running wider tires(295s) and no rub on full turn lock.

Mannny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys! Quick question about tire fitment. I have a 2019 ram 1500 warlock and I'm looking to upgrade the tires to Toyo open country AT3 on my stock 20" wheels. I don't want to get into leveling or lift kits. Does anyone know if 285/60/20 will fit without any rubbing or other issues? Like I said I have no interest in leveling or lifting. My current stock tires are 275 60 20
Have them on my 21 warlock
No issues and they look good

Wreck It

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning, guys,

I own a 2019 Classic Warlock, which I love. But I was not happy with the stock P275/60R20's. They looked too small. I recently switched to P285/65R20's on the stock wheels. They look great, but the dealer felt I needed a 2" lift in the front to prevent rubbing. I also added a 1" lift in the rear to try and maintain some of the nose down profile. Both of these lifts were added to the 1" all around lift which comes standard on the Warlock.
My question to the group is whether or not these tires will rub if I remove one inch from the front. Right now, the nose looks too high.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning, guys,

I own a 2019 Classic Warlock, which I love. But I was not happy with the stock P275/60R20's. They looked too small. I recently switched to P285/65R20's on the stock wheels. They look great, but the dealer felt I needed a 2" lift in the front to prevent rubbing. I also added a 1" lift in the rear to try and maintain some of the nose down profile. Both of these lifts were added to the 1" all around lift which comes standard on the Warlock.
My question to the group is whether or not these tires will rub if I remove one inch from the front. Right now, the nose looks too high.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

According to CanuckRam1313 (post#6) that size work just fine. He didn't mention any lift either.

As previously mentioned, your speedo will be off unless you adjust with AlfaOBD or a similar app.

tire size comparison 3.jpg

Wreck It

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, Michael. Right now, I'm back and forth with a great service rep at my local dealership. The 285/65R20's rubbed with just the factory 1" lift with no spacers. I can verify that. What I'm questioning is whether or not it requires an additional 2", or can the problem be solved by just adding 1"?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, Michael. Right now, I'm back and forth with a great service rep at my local dealership. The 285/65R20's rubbed with just the factory 1" lift with no spacers. I can verify that. What I'm questioning is whether or not it requires an additional 2", or can the problem be solved by just adding 1"?

Yup, only the owner of the same outfitting on the same truck will have that answer. :cool:

Just spit-balling here, if you're considering reworking the front-end lift to appease your visual presentation, surely that's going to cost $. Have you considered lifting the rear by another inch instead?

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interested going to 285/65’s in summer as well..hope to do it without any lift...will wait for info here...

Wreck It

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for your replies. I'm going to replace the two inch lifts in the front with one inch lifts and see if it works. If not, I'll just replace the two inchers. The 285/65's look really great.
Stay tuned.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
According to CanuckRam1313 (post#6) that size work just fine. He didn't mention any lift either.

As previously mentioned, your speedo will be off unless you adjust with AlfaOBD or a similar app.

View attachment 510861

Correct.
I initially went with the LT285/65R20 BFG K02's and zero rub on the stock suspension the summer of 2020 (second summer owning my baby).

I wanted the front end a little higher for better clearance, and esthetics too, but I also wanted to maintain a little front rake so I don't point to the sky when I tow.

I then had new Bilstein 5100 B8 Series front struts and rear shocks installed towards the end of 2020. I had the front strut height set to the 2.1" raised up position so I maintained a small amount of front rake. I didn't have to raise the rear at all with anything. Just had the new rear shocks installed and that's it. The taller tires took care of adding a little extra height.

My truck now handles so much better with this new suspension than it did with the stock set up. Very happy with the ride comfort, height, and fuel economy.

**EDIT** - for me anyways, the bigger 285/65R20's on stock suspension height / stock rake just looked, well, off! Too big a tire stuffed into that wheel well area and the rake looked off as well. A truck, to me, needs its front end up a little higher, and the Ram's for whatever reason appear to have more of a rake than the other two big North American OEM's. But again, there was zero rub whatsoever on my truck with the stock suspension with this new upgraded size of tire going full turn, stop-to-stop.

FWIW - if you want a nicer and more responsive ride and a little height gain. Look at the Bilstein 5100 B8 Series and go with the 285/65R20's.

My speedo is off a hair, but nothing too drastic.
I'll be tuning my truck this summer and will have it calibrated to my tires size.

The picture is my baby with the LT285/65R20's and the Bilstein 5100 B8 full suspension installed with the fronts set to 2.1" raised.

Attachments

• 20220512_094134.jpg
    20220512_094134.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck now handles so much better with this new suspension than it did with the stock set up. Very happy with the ride comfort, height, and fuel economy.

The picture is my baby with the LT285/65R20's and the Bilstein 5100 B8 full suspension installed with the fronts set to 2.1" raised.

Your truck looks fabulous and I drip with envy for your colour choice.

When I decided the time was right for my new Ram, I searched for that colour and had to compromise to get the other options I wanted.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Your truck looks fabulous and I drip with envy for your colour choice.

When I decided the time was right for my new Ram, I searched for that colour and had to compromise to get the other options I wanted.
Thanks Brother!

Hydro Pearl Blue is an amazing colour, and in 2019 it was a much rarer one to see on the roads.

I keep her sprayed annually with Krown, and clay bar her every late spring and then seal up her paint again for the season.

I de-badged her entirely as I don't like this stuff on my vehicles, and only kept the black Ram head emblem on the tailgate.

Blacked out the chrome ring on the antenna base, and installed black Gorilla lug nuts for the summer 20's (why does the OEM put chrome lug nuts on a blacked out vehicle with black rims in the first place....lol).

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Brother!

Hydro Pearl Blue is an amazing colour, and in 2019 it was a much rarer one to see on the roads.

I keep her sprayed annually with Krown, and clay bar her every late spring and then seal up her paint again for the season.

I de-badged her entirely as I don't like this stuff on my vehicles, and only kept the black Ram head emblem on the tailgate.

Blacked out the chrome ring on the antenna base, and installed black Gorilla lug nuts for the summer 20's (why does the OEM put chrome lug nuts on a blacked out vehicle with black rims in the first place....lol).

Thanks for the corruption. :cool:

Now I want to de-badge my truck, tweak summer nuts, and conceal any chrome bits that obviously clash with everything else.