Tire Mileage Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crush14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How important is this to you? I typically buy tires that offer a warranty, however a certain tire (mastercraft CXT) appears to be exactly what I want, just without a warranty. I like it much more than the all-terrain offering from them. Do these “hybrid” type tires still get good longevity despite offering no warranty?

Also, I usually only buy Cooper/Mastercraft. I live in the town where they are made, have a lot of friends that work out there. Like to support them.

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always bought tires that have warranty, but I've never used it. I think warranty on my Cooper tires is 80,000km and last set I got about 140,000km out of them.
I just like having the peace of mind in case I get a dud

OP
OP
C

Crush14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would anyone buy tires without a warranty?
I normally do, however none of the mud terrains or hybrid terrains come with one. But, I think I’m just going to stick with the all terrain that does have a warranty, even if it’s a little less aggressive.

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are many different tires without mileage warranties, though most retailers will sell you road hazard on any tire.

The types of tires that sometimes come without mileage warranties are, but not limited too -

High performance tires
Run flat tires
Off road tires
LT tires

The only use for a mileage warranty is if the tire wears out before the mileage is up. But there are many stipulations, such as rotation every 5-8k miles. Also, the tires must be worn evenly (alignment most not have caused them to wear unevenly).

And then, if you do qualify and have to use it, it usually has to replaced by the same tire, and it is prorated for replacement.

For example, if the tire has a 50k mile warranty, and it wears out at 40k, you get a 10k / 50k (20% discount) off the regular price of the new tire (which sometimes the sale price is cheaper).

Most of the time, the mileage warranty is for piece of mind, knowing that most manufacturers won't put an 80k mile warranty on a crap tire.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Not important to me, I always use AT or MT tires on my trucks (all 4x4). And I’ll swap them out at 50% tread or so. Once the tread wear significantly reduces grip off pavement I don’t want them any more.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never look at the warranty (don’t even think MT’s come with them???). Same thing here.... I wear’em down 50% and buy new tires. Then sell the used ones on CL. I have ran a few XT’s but don’t recall a warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here... a warranty dosnt really mean diddly to me. I have never worn a set of tires out in my life. Drive on em till they have 3/4-1/2 tread left then sell them and put that mulla toward a new set of tires.

Half worn tires suck anyway!