Tire Pressure (22in Pirelli Scorpion)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthEast4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI w/eTorque
Does anybody know the recommended tire pressure for the 2022 Ram 1500 with night addition?

It’s the Pirelli scorpion 22 inch tires.

I got the truck and the tire pressure was 52psi. I’m assuming on delivery the dealer forgot to set it properly. I’m pretty sure when the truck is in transit they put the tire pressure super high so that there’s less abuse on the truck’s shocks. I just checked the door jam and it says 36 psi so I adjusted it down to 36 but just wanted to get some opinions on if that’s the best psi for this tire. Also, should all 4 be the same or higher/lower in fronts?

I’d rather the vehicle ride a little harder but have more protection for the 22 inch rims. What would you guys recommend for the tire pressure?

The door jam just says 36. It doesn’t give you any high or low recommendations so I wasn’t sure if there was a specific band for high and low temperature as I can sit in the middle of or be on the high end for protection. Certainly over 50 psi is way too high.

Thank you

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
What are the speed ratings for the scorpion 22 all terrains ? are they the H rated 130 mph ?

44psi

It depends on a tires specifications.
Sidewall height vs width and belt thickness , how do they feel driving slow on a smooth surface like a concrete mall parking structure how does that the steering wheel feel ?
Do the tires rotate smoothly from stop to stop, or do they hesitate?

On the highway at or above highway speeds is the steering squirrelly or sluggish ?

Last edited:

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think (think, as in it's my opinion) it's because the answer is based on the specifics of your tire and is easy enough to look up on the Pirelli website. As Mister Luck mentioned, you would need your specific tire model details to obtain the proper answer.

The tire placard on the door is for OEM tires. Aftermarket tires you should go by the tire specifications.
When I had KO2's, they were set to 54 lbs, but they were E Rated. 52 may or may not be acceptable depending on your tire.

Last edited:

Downzero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are probably a max pressure of 44psi. If you are not towing or hauling anything heavy then I would run them at 40psi up front and 35 in the rear.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anybody know the recommended tire pressure for the 2022 Ram 1500 with night addition?

It’s the Pirelli scorpion 22 inch tires.

I got the truck and the tire pressure was 52psi. I’m assuming on delivery the dealer forgot to set it properly. I’m pretty sure when the truck is in transit they put the tire pressure super high so that there’s less abuse on the truck’s shocks. I just checked the door jam and it says 36 psi so I adjusted it down to 36 but just wanted to get some opinions on if that’s the best psi for this tire. Also, should all 4 be the same or higher/lower in fronts?

I’d rather the vehicle ride a little harder but have more protection for the 22 inch rims. What would you guys recommend for the tire pressure?

The door jam just says 36. It doesn’t give you any high or low recommendations so I wasn’t sure if there was a specific band for high and low temperature as I can sit in the middle of or be on the high end for protection. Certainly over 50 psi is way too high.

Thank you
You should be able to ask your dealer.

But this is what I was told for 2021
"Recommended tire pressure for 2021 RAM 1500 is 36 psi to 55 psi for front tires and 36 psi to 45 psi for rear tires"

Since you mentioned it says on the door, 36 PSI... You should go with what it says, since you have Tires that come with Truck.

Mine were high when I got the Truck from the Dealer. I lowered them to 40 front , 45 in back. adjust if towing or off-roading.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
The Pirelli tires are OEM
Looking at the RAM website ( build and price )

The largest wheels offered for any Night edition package from the factory are 20”x 9.0”

Dealerships offer tire packages and outfit trucks with premium rubber to attract potential customers.

In sales besides location, packaging and placement are advantages in competitive markets. If you have to similar products side by side , packaging is going to be a weighing factor in choice over the other option.

My truck when new from the dealership was equipped with
BFGOODRICH LT315/70R 17 tires and
METHOD 305 10.5 x 17 wheels

You could say they were “Original Equipment” but not from the Manufacture

I keep the PSI at around 50 in warm weather and they drop down to around 48 PSI when the weather 50F or below.
This is not the recommended pressure that is stated on the door sticker of 36 psi

The TPMS is set to a specific range but maybe incorrect for your after market tire rim package. I would go to a tire dealer like Costco or Americas Tire .

You may want to ask the dealer you purchased your truck at if your truck has had the optional Nitrogen maintenance instead of Air for tire warranty.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The largest wheels offered for any Night edition package from the factory are 20”x 9.0”
Are you seriously debating that the OP doesn't have 22" rim as a part of the Nite package on his truck? There are 22" rims offered on trucks with the Nite appearance package for the '22 model year. It would also be noted in the door tag that lists the factory recommend air pressure.
Over pressurizing tires will make them make them go bald the center faster than normal.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looking at the RAM website ( build and price )

Dealerships offer tire packages and outfit trucks with premium rubber to attract potential customers.

In sales besides location, packaging and placement are advantages in competitive markets. If you have to similar products side by side , packaging is going to be a weighing factor in choice over the other option.

My truck when new from the dealership was equipped with
BFGOODRICH LT315/70R 17 tires and
METHOD 305 10.5 x 17 wheels

You could say they were “Original Equipment” but not from the Manufacture

I keep the PSI at around 50 in warm weather and they drop down to around 48 PSI when the weather 50F or below.
This is not the recommended pressure that is stated on the door sticker of 36 psi

The TPMS is set to a specific range but maybe incorrect for your after market tire rim package. I would go to a tire dealer like Costco or Americas Tire .

You may want to ask the dealer you purchased your truck at if your truck has had the optional Nitrogen maintenance instead of Air for tire warranty.

I can't tell you all models that have 22 Inch Rims. But many of them do, as "upgrade" feature.
It's on all their TV Ads. It's also on their web site. Just go to the build section, and pick them.
Sport for sure. I have friend who has 2022 Sport Night Ed. with 22inch
On Canadian Site, it's $1395 extra charge. Like this.
His tires are from Ram, not the dealer changing them.

1657535389099.png

partzguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2021 Limited Longhorn with factory 22” wheels and Goodyear Eagles. (I understand yours are Pirelli) My door sticker says 36 psi front & rear, but I keep them at 39-40 and they feel about right. The 3 times the dealer has changed the oil they’ve set the pressure between 40-42. Hope that helps!

Hydrasport23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You bought the truck new and it came with wheels that are not listed on the label in your driver's door? That little label has your vin number on it. It is specific to your vehicle. If the factory or dealer change the tire size to something that is not listed as an "optional size" wheel on that label, they are responsible to create a new label for your specific vin. You may have been supplied with a letter stating they are not responsible for any tire or wheel issues because the vehicle has been modified. I have seen that before.
The amount of air that is recommended for your tires is based on the GVWR for your vehicle. That likely did not change from when the truck was built. Now you have nothing from the factory to address the tire pressure issue and that is a serious matter. Don't let the dealer, if they are the ones that modified the vehicle to make it look cool, off the hook to supply the proper and required information.

Hydrasport23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the sticker on the door jamb list the size of the tires and vin number that is currently on your truck? If so, go by that sticker. It also should state that the tire pressure is for "cold" temperature, which is the ambient temp at the time you are checking the tires. Not after driving the truck for miles and then checking the pressure.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Are you seriously debating that the OP doesn't have 22" rim as a part of the Nite package on his truck? There are 22" rims offered on trucks with the Nite appearance package for the '22 model year. It would also be noted in the door tag that lists the factory recommend air pressure.
Over pressurizing tires will make them make them go bald the center faster than normal.
I think you maybe missed the link I provided.
I’m not debating anything simply asking for clarity according to a verified source do you have a link you want to add?

Or maybe some personal experience?
With your own tires ?

You can get anything off the dealers lot especially wheels and tires., just to be clear I’m not arguing anyones opinion.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I can't tell you all models that have 22 Inch Rims. But many of them do, as "upgrade" feature.
It's on all their TV Ads. It's also on their web site. Just go to the build section, and pick them.
Sport for sure. I have friend who has 2022 Sport Night Ed. with 22inch
On Canadian Site, it's $1395 extra charge. Like this.
His tires are from Ram, not the dealer changing them.

View attachment 497358
I honestly looked high and low especially nite version packages and never found them can you provide a link ?

Dirt_Dobber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8 MDS VVT eTorque Engine
one old school method for determining correct tire pressure is to chalk your tires.
Go to a mall or school parking lot where you can drive a straight line for over 100 yards.
Then get some kid size chalk and rub a big section of tire tread on all 4 tiers and drive in a straight line. You can then
check for over/under inflated wear patterns. Not exact but better than a WAG.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I think you maybe missed the link I provided.
I’m not debating anything simply asking for clarity according to a verified source do you have a link you want to add?
You might want to go back and check your own link, if you build a Laramie or Limited with the Night package the 22" rims are available.