Tire Pressure for best ride, and wear on a 2021 Big Horn crew cab V6 eTorque with 20 inch stock tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokie901

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 eTorque
My tire pressure door sticker says 36 psi cold all around. The ride is smooth but steering control feels a little funky at times when going over road flaws. Thinking of bringing the psi up to 39? Any comment or suggestions much appreciated?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My tire pressure door sticker says 36 psi cold all around. The ride is smooth but steering control feels a little funky at times when going over road flaws. Thinking of bringing the psi up to 39? Any comment or suggestions much appreciated?
I run mine at 39psi most of the time on my
½ ton trucks and the tire wear is pretty normal. If I start to see a little wear in the center tread I drop the pressure down to 38psi or 37psi depending on what I am doing with the truck.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran 39 PSI all around when I had MY 15 ED with 20 inch. I now have MY 19 Hemi, with 18" tires, sticker says 39, but that was SRA's, I now have Falken Wildpeaks on truck, more rubber on road, run at 41 PSI. It also depends on setup like air ride or not, any mods, lifts, and what tires, all IMHO.

Southern Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run mine at 36 because that's what the owner's manual says. Don't really know why they tell me to do that because the tires inflate and deflate on their own when I'm driving.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
Tire wear will follow the tire pressure variations in a direct percentage. 10% over-inflation will sacrifice 10% of the center third (guesstimate) of the tread; and 10% under-inflation will sacrifice 10% of the shoulders. The fly in the ointment is the method of checking the tire pressure. A really good air gauge is best, imo, and then make note of the deviation from that reading that is provided by the onboard sensors. Otherwise you run into the problem presented by a man with a watch, knowing what time it is, versus a man with two watches, never knowing what time it is. My experience thus far with several Rams is that the onboard sensors report pressures about three pounds below reality. Tire pressure specs are always "cold" and nothing should be done to the tires as they warm up and show increased pressure.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
My tpms sensors on my last 2 rams, a 15 and now a 19 and my wifes jeep are within a pound of my calibrated pressure gauge.

OP
OP
smokie901

smokie901

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 eTorque
I'm going to bring my tires up to 39 psi, and see the difference.
Depending on the ride, and any visual wear I will adjust downwards a pound at a time.

Thanks for all the responses and input.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depending on the ride, and any visual wear I will adjust downwards a pound at a time.

Cold PSI, just a friendly reminder, disregard wat they read when hot. Mine read 45 when hot, but I run 41 cold, but here it does not take long for the shoes to get warm, LOL. I am gonna state the obvious: remember to check at change of seasons, especially Autumn to Winter // Winter to Spring.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

IMHO U be fine, just run up and down the GSP, LOL.