TIRE PRESSURE INDICATOR, BLANK.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
TIRE PRESSURE INDICATOR, BLANK. I have a 2020 Ram 1500, with about 28000 miles. A friend of mine offered me his tires and wheels, of a 2021 Ram. They were new, driven from the dealer to Les Schwab, where he had a new set of custom wheels and tires installed. I paid him $400 bucks for his old "new" stuff. The wheels and tires on both are identical. Same Mag, Same tires - Goodyear Wrangler Fortitudes. I pumped them up to 51 LBS, and made the swap. It was an easy swap, I mean they are the same. But now, my TPI is not working. I went to Discount Tire, and they tried to give it the quick fix, but it would not work. Awwww ****. Am I going to have to change the rims out? Or swap? Any idea's?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did they take the TPMS sensors off the wheels when your friend went with a custom set? That is what it sounds like to me. Are all 4 wheels doing it?

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
TIRE PRESSURE INDICATOR, BLANK. I have a 2020 Ram 1500, with about 28000 miles. A friend of mine offered me his tires and wheels, of a 2021 Ram. They were new, driven from the dealer to Les Schwab, where he had a new set of custom wheels and tires installed. I paid him $400 bucks for his old "new" stuff. The wheels and tires on both are identical. Same Mag, Same tires - Goodyear Wrangler Fortitudes. I pumped them up to 51 LBS, and made the swap. It was an easy swap, I mean they are the same. But now, my TPI is not working. I went to Discount Tire, and they tried to give it the quick fix, but it would not work. Awwww ****. Am I going to have to change the rims out? Or swap? Any idea's?
I paid good money to get rid of my TPMS after spending a lot of money trying to fix it and I'm thrilled to death! I've never had a problem knowing when I have a low tire on my own! It's like needing a low fuel light to tell me I need fuel, really! LOL

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like the sensors may have been removed.

How many miles have you driven since putting the wheels & tires on?

OP
OP
HANSOME

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
About 20. Yes, that sounds like the problem to me also. He should have said something.

OP
OP
HANSOME

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
I paid good money to get rid of my TPMS after spending a lot of money trying to fix it and I'm thrilled to death! I've never had a problem knowing when I have a low tire on my own! It's like needing a low fuel light to tell me I need fuel, really! LOL
Oh brother, I hear ya. I don't need my watch to beep to know its lunchtime. The thing is, I am trying to be proactive with this rig. My last Ram (a 1998) had a cracked windshield. Then someone stole my radio. Heater fan got noisy. All of a sudden I needed paint and tires. The Transmission gave way. I was overwhelmed. Do I fix it? Well I winded up fixing it a little, and then sold it. It bothers me that I ran it into the ground. And I don't want to do that again.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would almost bet there are no sensor in there. Kinda odd they would have went out that quick.

OP
OP
HANSOME

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
I can buy new sensors online, and have them installed.. Or switch tires from one rim to the other for about the same amount of $$$. Or just drive them with the dash light irritating me for 50000 miles. I am just annoyed my buddy didn't say anything.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Oh brother, I hear ya. I don't need my watch to beep to know its lunchtime. The thing is, I am trying to be proactive with this rig. My last Ram (a 1998) had a cracked windshield. Then someone stole my radio. Heater fan got noisy. All of a sudden I needed paint and tires. The Transmission gave way. I was overwhelmed. Do I fix it? Well I winded up fixing it a little, and then sold it. It bothers me that I ran it into the ground. And I don't want to do that again.
I don't blame ya, if something is on my vehicle I want it to work. That's why I spent so much money on it trying to fix it. After I was able to get rid of it I have no lights or anything. It doesn't even show on the EVIC anymore, just like it didn't come on the truck so now as far as I'm concerned it didn't come on it and I don't have to worry about it, just look at my tires or notice it drives different because a tire is low like I always done.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We are thinking he used the sensors on his new mags.
Most tire shops I have found arent fond of doing it, but it can be done. I had my passenger rear go out and it had a blank line. Just do yourself a favor and get a good set. I went with Napa and no issues.

OP
OP
HANSOME

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
Yeah, Napa rocks.
Most tire shops I have found arent fond of doing it, but it can be done. I had my passenger rear go out and it had a blank line. Just do yourself a favor and get a good set. I went with Napa and no issues.
yeah, Napa rocks. Would you get new sensors, or have the tires mounted on the original rims (I still have them)

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The sensor should all be the same. I would find a shop to swap the sensors out of your stock wheels and put them in the new ones if it were me. Since it only has roughly 28k miles. Napa here I paid roughly 40 dollars with tax for 1. Its your call on it. I am at 140k on 3 original sensors.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like the sensors may have been removed.

How many miles have you driven since putting the wheels & tires on?
DITTO !!! Just ref tires, the TIPM is nice, but I still carry a digital tire gauge and check every so often in morning while cold, and adjust accordingly. But I am ****, old Military, I even do PMCS type of checks on the truck every couple of weeks, to insure all looks OK.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
DITTO !!! Just ref tires, the TIPM is nice, but I still carry a digital tire gauge and check every so often in morning while cold, and adjust accordingly. But I am ****, old Military, I even do PMCS type of checks on the truck every couple of weeks, to insure all looks OK.
And that's what I've always done and always will do. Anything my vehicle tells me I take as a suggestion and I will check behind it anyway.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still manually check mine as well. Just the old school way of doing it. I put one in the wifes car and she told me she hadn't seen or used one of those in years lol.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still manually check mine as well. Just the old school way of doing it. I put one in the wifes car and she told me she hadn't seen or used one of those in years lol.
I also carry one on the motorcycle. But it is a 2006, so not got all da fancy stuff they got on the new bikes now. SO, since rain and temp changes, gonna have to check before I ride MC again, kinda force of habit. STUFF like PMCS checks are burned into my brain box, between doing them, then as a NCO checking troops, and ORE, inspections, and and. Even as a civilian driving a work fleet truck, checked every day. Old Habits, but in this case, IMHO a good habit.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I also carry one on the motorcycle. But it is a 2006, so not got all da fancy stuff they got on the new bikes now. SO, since rain and temp changes, gonna have to check before I ride MC again, kinda force of habit. STUFF like PMCS checks are burned into my brain box, between doing them, then as a NCO checking troops, and ORE, inspections, and and. Even as a civilian driving a work fleet truck, checked every day. Old Habits, but in this case, IMHO a good habit.
And I bet you probably never ruined an engine because of low fluids huh!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its the little things that people have forgotten to do. People dont check there oil, they dont keep track of oil milage. They rely on a sticker where you used to right it down. Most people dont even know how to change a tire or oil. Its kinda sad the technology we have now is hindering people from knowing how to do little things like that. You have a flat tire. Lets call AAA. I have wrenched on so many vehicles over the years, I am grateful my dad taught me what I know. There isn't too much that I cant do.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963