TIRE PRESSURE INDICATOR, BLANK.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still watch all of my gauges on my 12. Its just habit.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And I bet you probably never ruined an engine because of low fluids huh!
Nope, but a friend was driving my 3 speed Chevy hard, reving, missed 2nd and over spun the tach and dropped a rod, does that count? LOL...

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nope, but a friend was driving my 3 speed Chevy hard, reving, missed 2nd and over spun the tach and dropped a rod, does that count? LOL...
I did that once to a Ford 302. I over reved it and spun a bearing. It took the harmonic balancer out first and before I realized it it spun the bearing.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still watch all of my gauges on my 12. Its just habit.
"MY" MY 19 got the premium EVIC and I display temp, tranny temp, oil pressure, motor temp and battery charge on the programmable gauges. SO that works for me. But I can also run through all the gauges when driving also, but I only get concerned a lil when towing hay, then I keep a big eye on tranny temp, since so friggin hot here. On hwy, not an issue, except for having to feed da beast when driving by a "gas station" once in a while. Wish I had the 33 gallon tank instead of 26 gallon .

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did that once to a Ford 302. I over reved it and spun a bearing. It took the harmonic balancer out first and before I realized it it spun the bearing.
We left parts and oil on the highway, grrrr. :mad:

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've always heard, there's 2 things you never loan. Your car or your wife cause you can throw a rod in either one! LOL Probably get deleted, read fast!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"MY" MY 19 got the premium EVIC and I display temp, tranny temp, oil pressure, motor temp and battery charge on the programmable gauges. SO that works for me. But I can also run through all the gauges when driving also, but I only get concerned a lil when towing hay, then I keep a big eye on tranny temp, since so friggin hot here. On hwy, not an issue, except for having to feed da beast when driving by a "gas station" once in a while. Wish I had the 33 gallon tank instead of 26 gallon .
I like knowing what its doing. I always swapped out my gauges on my Foxbodies to mechanical ones. Way more accurate.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, my friends can have wife (ex) #1 and wife (ex) #2, not lose ne sleep. BUT they cannot have my RAM, Motorcycle, Hoss or doggies, LOL...

(wife #3 they no can have when she was still among us, but alas, she is gone, deceased). She would of shot em, hee hee, Wisconsin/Canadian girl at her best.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We left parts and oil on the highway, grrrr. :mad:
A guy I car showed with years ago bought a 67 impala ss 396 new. He wanted a Chevelle, but couldn't find one. He finally got one years later 396 car blew the motor and went with a 427. Shortly afterwards had a bad stroke and couldn't enjoy the car anymore. It was sold to a collector. He loved that car. He drove it with the 4spd and factory a/c to the shows. They were good cars. My 67 RS/SS had some weird options. Power drums, a/c, remote mirror, trim package, rear defroster, and electric windows come to mind. I know it had more. Its been years, but it looked like a special order car. I got it in 2007 and it had almost no rust. on it. It was a 350/350 car. I always loved the 67 because of the vent glass. Nothing cooler IMO.

OP
OP
HANSOME

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
The sensor should all be the same. I would find a shop to swap the sensors out of your stock wheels and put them in the new ones if it were me. Since it only has roughly 28k miles. Napa here I paid roughly 40 dollars with tax for 1. Its your call on it. I am at 140k on 3 original sensors.

DITTO !!! Just ref tires, the TIPM is nice, but I still carry a digital tire gauge and check every so often in morning while cold, and adjust accordingly. But I am ****, old Military, I even do PMCS type of checks on the truck every couple of weeks, to insure all looks OK.
YEAH, ME TOO. And as a CDL holder I perform checks of my vehicle on a regular basis.

JRs 17 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ask your buddy if he kept them. Were the tires still on the rims when you got them? I don’t know if I would spend the money to have tires dismounted and then remounted just to get the tpms sensors. Actually I think that it might be illegal to mount tires on wheels without the sensors if it’s going on a vehicle that has them. Is it only one wheel not reading? Or all four? I would be willing to bet that it starts working after a few start/stop cycles.

OP
OP
HANSOME

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
I called him my friend, but as it turns out he is just another **** from a club I go to. He bought new tires and wheels for his Ram, at Les Schwab, and they suggested he take the old sensors from the wheels, as a cost saving measure. I was curious when I was installing his original wheels and tires on my Ram, as the tire pressure was low on all 4 tires. So yeah, They opened up all 4 tires, took the sensors, and then closed them back up. And then he sold them to me, without mentioning that he took the sensors. Discount tire told me that they could install 4 sensors for 365$, (60 bucks per sensor, and 30 to install per tire). At this point, I am just going to go ahead and use the parts as is.

teammontana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You dont need to dismount them. The Ram TPMS has a screw holding them to the valve stem, just break down the outer bead unscrew the TPMS, and screw them on the new wheels. Shouldn cost less than the price of changing the tires. Balance wont be affected if you just break down the one bead.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I called him my friend, but as it turns out he is just another **** from a club I go to. He bought new tires and wheels for his Ram, at Les Schwab, and they suggested he take the old sensors from the wheels, as a cost saving measure. I was curious when I was installing his original wheels and tires on my Ram, as the tire pressure was low on all 4 tires. So yeah, They opened up all 4 tires, took the sensors, and then closed them back up. And then he sold them to me, without mentioning that he took the sensors. Discount tire told me that they could install 4 sensors for 365$, (60 bucks per sensor, and 30 to install per tire). At this point, I am just going to go ahead and use the parts as is.
Discount is crazy expensive. I use Texas tire and they didn't charge me a dime when I put my toyos on.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
TIRE PRESSURE INDICATOR, BLANK. I have a 2020 Ram 1500, with about 28000 miles. A friend of mine offered me his tires and wheels, of a 2021 Ram. They were new, driven from the dealer to Les Schwab, where he had a new set of custom wheels and tires installed. I paid him $400 bucks for his old "new" stuff. The wheels and tires on both are identical. Same Mag, Same tires - Goodyear Wrangler Fortitudes. I pumped them up to 51 LBS, and made the swap. It was an easy swap, I mean they are the same. But now, my TPI is not working. I went to Discount Tire, and they tried to give it the quick fix, but it would not work. Awwww ****. Am I going to have to change the rims out? Or swap? Any idea's?
My experience has been, as reported by Service Advisor and Wheel/Tire Mechanic, that the sensors have to be programmed into the EVIC per vehicle application.
Your problem may well be as simple as having the Dealer (Stealer) just programming the new wheels/sensors.
Could well be that simple?

OP
OP
HANSOME

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
discount tire ran their TPMS device around the truck. They could not get a reading for any of the tires. THey are the ones who informed me that the sensors are not there.

br427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all. I would assume that the regular rubber tire valves fit the rim holes where the sensors were? Might be a stupid question, but I haven't tried to swap them and I wanted to know from some of you who have probably done it. Thanks.

GC1715

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
new sensors are cheap and easily installed...good luck

jrt750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TIRE PRESSURE INDICATOR, BLANK. I have a 2020 Ram 1500, with about 28000 miles. A friend of mine offered me his tires and wheels, of a 2021 Ram. They were new, driven from the dealer to Les Schwab, where he had a new set of custom wheels and tires installed. I paid him $400 bucks for his old "new" stuff. The wheels and tires on both are identical. Same Mag, Same tires - Goodyear Wrangler Fortitudes. I pumped them up to 51 LBS, and made the swap. It was an easy swap, I mean they are the same. But now, my TPI is not working. I went to Discount Tire, and they tried to give it the quick fix, but it would not work. Awwww ****. Am I going to have to change the rims out? Or swap? Any idea's?
I have a 2010 ram, steel rims , found some cheap 2014 aluminum rims . Got new tires and installed . It had 2014 TPIs Truck monitor system was blank . Cause it doesn't recognize the 2014 tps. Solution take the TPIs out of the old rims and install in new aluminum rims . Problem solved. Garage guy tried with his reset tool but didn't work then he told me he could pair them but it might be an hour or two on the computer and then he still couldn't guarantee he would get then to pair . So what did I do... nothing the monitor is blank who cares. All the vehicles I had before didn't have it and things were fine . I always knew if I had a flat, the ride suddenly got kinda funky.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have a 2010 ram, steel rims , found some cheap 2014 aluminum rims . Got new tires and installed . It had 2014 TPIs Truck monitor system was blank . Cause it doesn't recognize the 2014 tps. Solution take the TPIs out of the old rims and install in new aluminum rims . Problem solved. Garage guy tried with his reset tool but didn't work then he told me he could pair them but it might be an hour or two on the computer and then he still couldn't guarantee he would get then to pair . So what did I do... nothing the monitor is blank who cares. All the vehicles I had before didn't have it and things were fine . I always knew if I had a flat, the ride suddenly got kinda funky.
Amen! Sad day when people don't know their tire is low, may be time to stop driving!