Tire pressure sensor and limp mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smtent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L gas
I have a 2018 Ram 2500 with a 6.4L gas engine. I recently had a blowout on the rear Drivers side tire. After replacing the tire I am not able to get a reading on the tire pressure. my display says 0 pressure fill to 80 psi wich I have, but it still has not corrected itself. I have no reset buttons on my dash or steering wheel (that I can find). This by itself doesnt bother me to much but 2 days after the blow out the truck has gone into limp mode. I started researching and testing and trying things, and found that it has a code P0750 and is calling for a new shift solenoid. I have tried disconnecting the battery and letting it set for 20 minutes, wich resets the code for a couple minutes but then of course it comes back. Before I install a new shift solenoid I wanted to find out if there is any relationship between the tire pressure monitoring system and limp mode, and if by chance there is anything else I should be looking at. I have looked at a number of similar threads but none that cover both these issues. any help, guidance or links to other threads addressing this issue, would be appreciated.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TPMS system wont put truck into limp mode blow out may have damaged the sensor or whoever put new tire on most people drive with no sensors any ways crappy system. It looks like bad timing how many miles are on it? are you still under warranty?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just a coincidence.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long shot but as it is a "circuit" code maybe some wiring got damaged when the tire blew out. Look very closely at the wiring from back at the wheel to the transmission connector.

OP
OP
S

smtent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L gas
Will do that I am hoping for just a coincedence. I had a trailer break loose and pop the rear left tire as well as putting a dent in my bumper overall not my best hauling week. Fortunately it was empty and nobody got hurt.

OP
OP
S

smtent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L gas
And no not under warranty 93000k. I will look closely at the sensor.

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
This is just a tire and wheel issue. When you replaced the tire, the tire shop
will reset the tpms for the proper location. Tell us more ?

OP
OP
S

smtent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L gas
It was just a wheel sensor issue. Once I changed that I was able to get the correct tire pressure reading. Unfortunatley the replace shift solenoid code is still there I will be changing that next week.