TIre Pressure Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bighad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My limited had 22” wheels. I just bought some factory take off wheels and tires from a rebel and put those on it. Of course, now the TPS sensors don’t work. I still have the old wheels. Do I need to take my original sensors out and install them into the new rebel set up or is it possible to reflash/update the sensors for my truck so they communicate?

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, you will either need to remove the sensors from the original wheels and put them in the new wheels, or have them flashed into the computer system.

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what year is the limited, and what year rebel did these come off of? i only ask, because when i swapped wheels on my '21 rebel everything was automatic, and i've heard similar reports for 4th gens. i had to drive around a bit for things to sync up, but everything relearned on it's own (unlike other cars where i had to buy a special tool).

it might be a frequency issue, at some point they changed from 315 to 433 MHZ, but if the source and destination trucks are near the same year i doubt that's the issue. how far have you driven it since the swap?

SixAddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just changed out my 2019 OEM 18” wheels and tires for a set I scored from a 2022 OEM 20” wheels and tires.

As I started driving I got the tire check light and then service tire system showing all four tire pressures on dash, but several miles later it all cleared up.

I assumed the TPMS did a relearn, no issues since.

I too think it maybe a frequency change, as stated above.