Tire Pressures Unavailable Message??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Update. Have had the TPMS Unavailable a couple of times on my 2021. It goes away on its own, tires are aired up to proper pressure. Duratracs for tires but in the stock size. No idea what causes it and the sensor batteries are all good according to the scanner. Just one more of those Gremlins I guess. Not worried about it, never had TPMS with pressure readouts on any vehicle prior to a 2020 and no TPMS of any kind on older ones, except high end cars like Lexus or Mercedes..

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has done various electro-gremlins, typically when operating off road, or on dirt roads. I attribute it to vibration somehow affecting the electronics.

Traction control, ESC, often, a few times the TPMS, once it went into limp mode and wouldn’t accelerate. Apple CarPlay too many times to count.

My 2019 was similar. Once stopped in the middle of a parking lot and told me to shift to park and then back into D. Never recurred.

“Cameras unavailable”. And so forth.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Mine has done various electro-gremlins, typically when operating off road, or on dirt roads. I attribute it to vibration somehow affecting the electronics.

Traction control, ESC, often, a few times the TPMS, once it went into limp mode and wouldn’t accelerate. Apple CarPlay too many times to count.

My 2019 was similar. Once stopped in the middle of a parking lot and told me to shift to park and then back into D. Never recurred.

“Cameras unavailable”. And so forth.
Could be vibration. Seems to only happen when running a lot of gravel or trails so you might have hit on the common denominator.