Tire Pressures Unavailable Message??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdean89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
2018 PowerWagon- Yesterday on the interstate I got the warning alarm and the low tire pressure symbol. I scrolled to my tire pressures and it read “Tire pressures temporarily unavailable”. All my pressures are good manually, I have restarted the truck several times, disconnected the battery for 2 hours. Symbol and message are still there. Any further information on this aggravating problem?

OP
OP
M

Mdean89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No worries two dealers can’t even figure it out.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Since you live in Louisiana you're not subject to 45 to 50 degree Fahrenheit changes in diurnal (daily) temperatures. The TPMS batteries last only up to 5 to 7 years here in Western Colorado. It was 106F today. The overnight low was 61F. Winter temperatures are below minus 20F for not less than 6 days during
which the TPMS Thresholds won't be met even on a brand new vehicle. When the TPMS batteries are near end of life the TPMS false warnings begin. 2 out of 3 vehicles we own with TPMS have dead TPMS batteries. They don't function. I hate TPMS ever since my family pulled off a brand new vehicle on the side of the freeway in a blizzard in minus Fahernheit temperatures due a low tire pressure warning. There was no problem.

OP
OP
M

Mdean89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I gotcha. No here we just have 100 degree + days with 100% nasty humidity day and night, with relatively no winters. So you think it’s a sensor battery issue?

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I gotcha. No here we just have 100 degree + days with 100% nasty humidity day and night, with relatively no winters. So you think it’s a sensor battery issue?
I diagnosed my young daughter's panic call to me about her Subaru's accelerator being stucked floored on the highway in traffic at over 80 MPH with a few of her friends in the car. I told her to check the floor mat. Fixed the issue. Sorry, it's been a decade and I can't diagnose anything since.

OP
OP
M

Mdean89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I diagnosed my young daughter's panic call to me about her Subaru's accelerator being stucked floored on the highway in traffic at over 80 MPH with a few of her friends in the car. I told her to check the floor mat. Fixed the issue. Sorry, it's been a decade and I can't diagnose anything since.
Oooook, thanks.

Last edited:

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Same issues...Thread 'tpms " unavailable "'

A floor mat covering the accelerator are easy to diagnose on a moving vehicle without being there, but a "TPMS Unavailable" might need a testing tool...

OP
OP
M

Mdean89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks again. On my way to work this morning I got roughly 2 miles down the road and my pressures returned and the low pressure symbol went off. Not sure if this is just a sign of something going on or some kind of reset the truck went through?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The sugestion your TPMS batteries are pooched is likely accurate. Have the tire shop scan them to see if they are transmitting when the warning is showing.

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Recently on my 13 2500 Cummins, I got the same warning. It went away on its own in less than an hour. Wheels are a year old with new TPMS. Twice now I have gotten errors while using my GPS saying "Vehicle phone requires service, see dealer" and the GPS shows but does not locate properly. Both of those went away and it functions fine now. First time took a couple days. Second was probably an hour or so.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’ve gotten the same message on my ‘19 PW. It usually occurs while I’m aired down and doing some significant off-road. It eventually comes back but I can’t figure out any correlations to attribute. TPMS batteries are all good. Dealer checked it out but, not surprisingly, couldn’t find anything wrong. Gremlins. I’m running 37” BFG KM2s with AEV 17” Katla (sp?) rims.

OP
OP
M

Mdean89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’ve gotten the same message on my ‘19 PW. It usually occurs while I’m aired down and doing some significant off-road. It eventually comes back but I can’t figure out any correlations to attribute. TPMS batteries are all good. Dealer checked it out but, not surprisingly, couldn’t find anything wrong. Gremlins. I’m running 37” BFG KM2s with AEV 17” Katla (sp?) rims.
Yeah buddy that's crazy. My readings came back this morning. Guess I'll wait and see if I can diagnose anything if the message comes back. I'm running my stock rims with original sensors and 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Dannycameo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2018 PowerWagon- Yesterday on the interstate I got the warning alarm and the low tire pressure symbol. I scrolled to my tire pressures and it read “Tire pressures temporarily unavailable”. All my pressures are good manually, I have restarted the truck several times, disconnected the battery for 2 hours. Symbol and message are still there. Any further information on this aggravating problem?
This Message happened to me on a long highway trip last week, in a new 2022 power wagon. I did have new tires put on 37 km3 on stock rims and they kept the TPMS obviously.
I stopped to get gas turned the truck back on and I got the same message TPMS Temporary unavailable, not that it was low, TPMS Temporary unavailable in Red. I also knew the tire pressure was good so I didn't worry.
I didn't even bother turning the truck off as I was tired from driving so I just let it go. About an hour and a 1/2 later we pulled over to go to the bathroom, truck was shut off turned it back on about 10 minutes later and it was gone, hasn't come back since.
Just another Gremlin, as said.

Last edited:

Rebel1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-torque
Same issue - tpms currently unavailable message -

2019 Rebel mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs factory rims.

Took it to the deal had relearn done, that did nothing. Second trip replaced wireless module... lasted 4 days.. message back again

Definitely a defective part or wiring issue done by dodge. Way too many vehicles of different, makes and years, tires etc. to be a "battery" or rims and tires issue.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I put new 35s on my stock power wagon wheels a couple of weeks ago. Within a day I got the message but all returned to normal after a couple of days of driving it and it has been fine since.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Same here as everyone else. It’s happened twice on my ‘21 2500. After a couple hours it went away.