Tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fijicorey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To directly answer the question, the best tire for highway driving is the Michelin LTX. The are very expensive, but they last forever and ride great. I've had them on a previous SUV and they barely wore in 40k miles.

The best all around tire IMO is the Cooper AT3. That's what I'm running now. Not gonna lie, I wish I went with a highway tire as these are getting a bit noisy as time goes on but that's on me, any A/T tire will do that. Grip is amazing, however. I no longer white knuckle it when it's raining like I did on the Goodyear SR-A stock tires. The Coopers also look great on the truck, but that's subjective.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have Cooper Discoverer A/T on mine (same as AT3, but A/T for wal mart). LT265/70R17

Ordered them online, believe it ran me $675 ish, mount, lifetime balance and road hazard)

20210307_111213.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
To directly answer the question, the best tire for highway driving is the Michelin LTX. The are very expensive, but they last forever and ride great. I've had them on a previous SUV and they barely wore in 40k miles.

The best all around tire IMO is the Cooper AT3. That's what I'm running now. Not gonna lie, I wish I went with a highway tire as these are getting a bit noisy as time goes on but that's on me, any A/T tire will do that. Grip is amazing, however. I no longer white knuckle it when it's raining like I did on the Goodyear SR-A stock tires. The Coopers also look great on the truck, but that's subjective.

This is the exact why my bfg's are and the same issue with stock goodyears, always wonder if I was going to skid when I braked or took off at a light. The bfg holds the road incredible, but are nowhere near as close to being "comfortable" on any road. If you want comfort, don't by an at, but at's have good qualities you might want just as much as comfort. Like everything else, it is a tradeoff. My oem was way more road comfortable then my at, but I freaking hated the oem in the rain or when towing, etc.

LoadedSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in warm weather climate and went with the Nitto 420V's. I think they look great and perform outstanding for wet & dry asphalt pounding!

RamRuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in warm weather climate and went with the Nitto 420V's. I think they look great and perform outstanding for wet & dry asphalt pounding!
X2 for a 420V. Even ran them in the snow this winter and had zero issues. Smooth ride and look great too.

Russell44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looking to replace the tires on my 2019 classic 1500. What’s the. Best riding tire? I don’t off-road mostly highway but do have 4 wheel drive, have 20 inch stock wheels. What brand would be recommended. Thanks virgil
Michelin or General Grabber HTS60 are good smooth tires... The General when cold have a flat spot (bumpy ride) for the 1st 3 blocks then it'll smooth out... I'm using the General and very happy with it...I tow camper trailer and they're good too

squadco343

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Looking to replace the tires on my 2019 classic 1500. What’s the. Best riding tire? I don’t off-road mostly highway but do have 4 wheel drive, have 20 inch stock wheels. What brand would be recommended. Thanks virgil
Same as you. I went with Michelin's at Costco. What a nice ride and very smooth.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
coopers at3 are great. used them both on and off road. a little pricey. i dont have the 20's so cant comment on ride quality or sizing for them, but on 17s they rode great. another alternative is check walmart.com for the size you need. they carry a walmart exclusive cooper at tire which is coopers prior run of at3 with a different sidewall design other then that its the same tire but way cheaper. its online only but shipping is usually free.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
Walmart? Do you hate your truck? Walmart’s are a disgusting place to shop. I get what you’re saying though. Can’t find tires like that anywhere else? Did you take a shower after leaving Walmart?

Gary Fields

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2020 came with Bridgestone's that rode good and pretty quiet. Tires and rims got stolen at 6,000 miles and replaced with Michelin Defenders. They ride great and are pretty quiet. Not cheap but cost about the same as the OEM Bridgestones. I also like Continental Cross-Contacts. Have a set on a Mitsubishi SUV with 35 K and they have been great- not even a flat. My Son has them on his Tacoma with no problems.

Avoid the tires at Walmart. Some of the tires are name brands made just for sale at Walmart. Goodyear makes a tire- I think it's called Viva- for sale only at Walmart. A co-worker bought a set and they were slick in 15,000 to 20,000. Some of the brands they have I've never heard of them.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Avoid the tires at Walmart. Some of the tires are name brands made just for sale at Walmart.

I would have to disagree, and add Avoid some tires....

My Cooper Discoverers are still going strong with about 35 k miles on them. Load range E. Truck tires, as the Rams should have.

That said, I would say be vigilant if you have tires installed at walmart. I request that lugs be hand torqued and WATCH to make sure.

DSwan7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Regular cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
4.7 Litre V8
Ram.jpg" alt="Ram" border="0">
Ns432sp

Cooper discoverer AT3 4S - second set. These tires just went through yet another Canadian winter with temperatures of -35C (-31F) and plowed through 3 feet of snow at one point this year. Great on snow, ice, pavement, water. Not aggressive enough for deep mud or off road, but this is my electrical construction work vehicle, and it goes through farm fields no problem.

View attachment 245817

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
Love my Yokohama Geolander AT's. Good wet, dry, snow, braking traction, quiet, handlling.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Cooper has the best commercials, so they get my vote.
I'll probably try the Evolutions once my factory slip-n-slides finally wear down.

I just googled cooper commercials and found them lol. Coooooooper!

I don’t think they show these in Canada lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can only say this so far as best tires for you and your vehicle, that’s as subjective as to what’s the best beer, best chips, best frozen pizza etc....I’ve had so many brands on so many different vehicles and I can only think that some of the best performing tires on whichever vehicle they were on were the ones the did what I wanted them to do. If I wanted a completely aggressive Mud tire it was the Trxus MT radial and it was good in the slush and snow. On my Olds 442 with well over 500hp to the wheels it was Cooper GT Radials. On my 14 Grand Cherokee I run Hankook A/T’s which are really good in all conditions. Draw your own conclusions from your own experience as we all want different things from out tires and drive our vehicles differently from each other.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I can only say this so far as best tires for you and your vehicle, that’s as subjective as to what’s the best beer, best chips, best frozen pizza etc....I’ve had so many brands on so many different vehicles and I can only think that some of the best performing tires on whichever vehicle they were on were the ones the did what I wanted them to do. If I wanted a completely aggressive Mud tire it was the Trxus MT radial and it was good in the slush and snow. On my Olds 442 with well over 500hp to the wheels it was Cooper GT Radials. On my 14 Grand Cherokee I run Hankook A/T’s which are really good in all conditions. Draw your own conclusions from your own experience as we all want different things from out tires and drive our vehicles differently from each other.

Well stated .... for me the Ridge Grapplers do what I want them to do, comfortable ride and good in the rain "for me" ... I don't go offroading at all so I can't say how they perform offroad, but in terms of how they have held up on the road and in the rain I love them ....