Tire recommendations for 22 inch 2019 rim.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruddy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTourqe
Hi all.... I'm a new member in Colorado. I purchased a new 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn this past fall with the 5.7 Hemi eTourqe engine. The factory tires with the 22 inch wheels look whimpy. I'm shopping to upgrade the size and retain the 22 inch wheels. What are your recommendations? 22 inch wheels have limited upsize selections. The ones I've looked at are 33/12.5 22 ... Or 305/45 22 which gives me more selection but doesn't upsize much. I've looked at 325/50 22 but they look a bit large and might just rub. I have the air suspension that raises and lowers. I do mostly road driving and little off road. I don't want a noisy or rough riding tire. Be interested in your feedback. Ruddy

oso_major

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What tires did you end up getting?

I'm in the same situation, factory 22s and want more rubber.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ruddy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTourqe
Hi....

I ended up with the Toyo Proxes ST 305/45 22. It gave me more height and width. When backing out of the driveway, and cranking the wheel, it may rub a bit, but not much. I have the air suspension that lowers when at highway speeds to be more aerodynamic. So, if I pull into the garage at that level, then it will do that when I back out over the curb. If it's at the normal level, then all's well. To me that's not a concern. Hope this helps... There are other options for tires, but this was the best for me. Ruddy

IMG_6065.jpeg IMG_6059.jpeg IMG_6059.jpeg

Rockgt302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with nitto ridge grapples in 305/45 22. Slight rubbing at full turn. I trimmed a bit of the inner fender, like an inch. Took 5 minutes and no rub.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Hi....

I ended up with the Toyo Proxes ST 305/45 22. It gave me more height and width. When backing out of the driveway, and cranking the wheel, it may rub a bit, but not much. I have the air suspension that lowers when at highway speeds to be more aerodynamic. So, if I pull into the garage at that level, then it will do that when I back out over the curb. If it's at the normal level, then all's well. To me that's not a concern. Hope this helps... There are other options for tires, but this was the best for me. Ruddy

View attachment 169405 View attachment 169406 View attachment 169406
Are those clip on caliper covers?

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I went with nitto ridge grapples in 305/45 22. Slight rubbing at full turn. I trimmed a bit of the inner fender, like an inch. Took 5 minutes and no rub.

Wow, after a bit of head scratching and research I discovered that the stock G5 tires are 32" diameter as opposed to the 33" G4 ones. I have 35x11.50 G2s on my 2015 with no lift or level and no rubbing. I was expecting to be able to do the same on my 2020.

I guess I will start off with my Blizzak 275/60/20s for the winter and hope that by spring there is more info on how large a G2 I can fit. I will have the 4C Air Suspension, so I can do a bit of leveling/lifting if necessary via link modification. Will consider adding a true suspension lift if necessary, but also need to consider overall height so that it will fit through my standard 7' high garage door...

PaulM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi....

I've got the stock wheels on the 22's and am concerned about the Eagle Touring tires being able to handle the size of this truck in the winter snow and ice. I am looking for a change out for that reason (and a very occasional offroading while hunting). Did you get them early enough to drive in any snow? They look pretty tightly treaded, did it handle the snow okay?

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the air suspension that lowers when at highway speeds to be more aerodynamic. So, if I pull into the garage at that level...

Slightly off topic - if Aero Mode kicks in automatically, it stays there until....when?? In the G4 it goes back to Normal below 25 MPH (or so, IIRC). Also, there is no way to manually engage Aero Mode on the G4.

I know, different gens, different stuff. Just trying to figure out what I'm getting on my G5 Laramie with 4CAS.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Slightly off topic - if Aero Mode kicks in automatically, it stays there until....when?? In the G4 it goes back to Normal below 25 MPH (or so, IIRC). Also, there is no way to manually engage Aero Mode on the G4.

I know, different gens, different stuff. Just trying to figure out what I'm getting on my G5 Laramie with 4CAS.

My Limited when set on "normal" will drop to aero above 65 and goes back to normal below 15 or 20. It won't stay in aero. You can adjust it to aero and it will stay there regardless of speed.

Ramvette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi....

Wondering if you're still happy with your tire size choice. I also want to have a tire with taller sidewalls as I want less "bling" look and hate to drop down to 20" wheels. Any other sizes you considered? Does a larger outer diameter tire change speedometer reading appreciably? Thanks!

eithkrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi....

Does this cause the speedometer to be off?

eithkrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, after a bit of head scratching and research I discovered that the stock G5 tires are 32" diameter as opposed to the 33" G4 ones. I have 35x11.50 G2s on my 2015 with no lift or level and no rubbing. I was expecting to be able to do the same on my 2020.

I guess I will start off with my Blizzak 275/60/20s for the winter and hope that by spring there is more info on how large a G2 I can fit. I will have the 4C Air Suspension, so I can do a bit of leveling/lifting if necessary via link modification. Will consider adding a true suspension lift if necessary, but also need to consider overall height so that it will fit through my standard 7' high garage door...
So is it the width causing the rub? The 305's at 32.8" tall and 12" wide wouldn't think would be an issue

oso_major

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody running 285/55 r22?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk