Tire size change alfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just did 2 tire size changes yesterday morning, one on a 2017 and the other on my 2019 classic. I wrote down and printed instructions just to be sure I followed them to a t. My truck was off about 2.8%, 2 mph at 70. I added 2.8% to the oem setting and programmed it. Had zero faults pop up. When I went to do the initialization, it wouldn't give me that option, on either truck. Cleared rolls information. Cleared the faults on all modules, even tho it didn't have any. Settings took on both trucks, speedometers are both accurate. My tire size was 275/65/20, the other guy was 35/12.50 (set circumference at 2714).
Is it possible that if you change the settings, you may not need to do all the abs stuff? Fwiw, the truck seems to perform better, feels stronger off the line and the shudder I had on take off seems to be gone.
What size are you using in mm as I can’t get the truck better than 2mph off. I have 275 65 duratracs but can’t find the sweet spot. Right now when truck is going 70 I’m getting 68 on phone gps.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What size are you using in mm as I can’t get the truck better than 2mph off. I have 275 65 duratracs but can’t find the sweet spot. Right now when truck is going 70 I’m getting 68 on phone gps.
I'm not sure. I'll have to check and let you know.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure. I'll have to check and let you know.
Yes let me know as when I’m going 70 Via gps on phone the truck is showing showing 68

Last edited: