Tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrob2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello Everyone. I am new to this forum.
I have to get some tires for truck. I am hoping someone can help me figure out what will fit without trimming or rubbing.
I have a 2004 Ram 2500 2wd with a 2 inch leveling kit. Ill be using the stock wheels.
Thanx in advance...

OP
OP
R

Ramrob2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I dont really do any off road. But I want something to fill the wheel wells more. Taller and wider.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Go down to a GOOD tire shop. They will be able to tell you exactly what they can fit under there without trimming or rubbing. There are also a couple of online calculators, but they are not exact as they don't accouont for shock wear, spring sag etc. A guy needs to see the truck to give even a reasonably accurate opinion.

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My '04 4x4 has 35-12.50R20s with just a leveling kit. It rubbed the fender liner a bit when I got it, but that's because the wheel offset is wrong. You'll probably be alright with 35s as long as you keep them tucked in like they're supposed to be instead of putting them on outriggers.

Leif Helason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It varies one your usage. What do you do with your truck, and what do you plan on using your truck for? on stock rims 33" tires should work. Just nothing over 10" wide. I have 33's x 12.5 on 22" inch rims on mine. New rims too -45 offset. still rub after 3" inch leveling kit. Such is life. I have Venom Power tires. Great tires. Don't get stuck in the sand anymore. Not very expensive for hybrid tires either.