Tires need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On my 2nd set. They're good for 60K miles +/-.
I took my first set off at 45K, sold them $240 which pays for my own "buy 3, get 1 free" program.
I'm fortunate to get them from Tire Rack wholesale through a business account.
Great tires, improved handling, low noise considering tread, noise goes up a bit with wear.
Rotate every 6K is important.
Thanks for answering ! My AT3 4S were great excep for longevity, under 30000 miles. Like you, I rotated every 5000 miles. I’ve got a couple years on current tires, but I’ll check out the XLTs when the time comes. How do they ride ?

luckydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My last set were the Cooper AT3s from before Goodyear bought them. Now I have the Falken AT3s (made in Thailand, not China). They're both good in the snow, but I think the Falkens are a little better when I'm plowing. I'd prefer to buy American but couldn't stomach an extra $300 for a set of 4.

CAGEYAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks for answering ! My AT3 4S were great excep for longevity, under 30000 miles. Like you, I rotated every 5000 miles. I’ve got a couple years on current tires, but I’ll check out the XLTs when the time comes. How do they ride ?
Fairly firm, that's why the handling is crisp. I run 42 psi unladen which warms up to 46 or so.
70 to 80 psi towing.

NorZeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Cooper AT3 XLTs on my truck currently. Have approximately 32k on them at this point with roughly 9/32nds left on tread depth from the original 16/32nds.

For me, they are "okay" in the Minnesota snow at best at this point, really the only area I'm a little less than satisfied with on this set. Wet and Dry they grip great. Ride, they are somewhat stiff, but stable and are fairly quiet for the style.

We have the Falken Wildpeaks on my wife's Wrangler, they've been amazing so far for us after ~22k. Wet, dry, road noise all are comparable to my Coopers, but snow/ice traction the Falkens have far exceeded my expectations. I use 4wd on my truck several times per week out of necessity on daily commute (out in the sticks a bit), Only have had to put the Jeep in 4wd one time so far this winter.

I realize it's not an apples to apples comparison between a Wrangler and a 1500, but when I'm ready to change out the truck tires the Falken's will likely be the top choice based on how they've performed for us.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You realize you all are arguing over all season tire’s. Next it will be about what car seat is better and how it matches the stroller.

Get a good set of commercial tires so you don’t get stuck at the soccer field. M55, Duratracs, ST Max, open country RT.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452