Tires, tires, tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Hey everyone

Wanted to get some feedback on proposed replacement tires, due to rubber shortage.

Have Goodyear potenza tires that Came on truck stock. They are 8 going on 9 years old.

285 45 22 s.

Took them off, right after purchasing truck due to age and am currently running factory 20 chrome clads, I had sitting in my garage from my 2011.

So I'm looking for tires and with the rubber shortage and freight situation the price of tires keeps climbing.

Looking to put the 22s back on the truck and identified replacement under consideration are

Toyo proxy st3s $750
Cooper discover hp II $700
Goodyear protenza $845

In 305 40 22.

Of the brands listed all are available in about 10 days time, no sales tax (Montana) and I have my own mounting and balance machine so my cost is controlled. Tpms sensors from Mopar are about 45.00 each, so they will be replaced if necessary. Their availability is limited.

I've run the Goodyear and have a set of cooper's on my Durango RT. Never run toyos but am leaning towards them due to their design.

Feedback needed, or stick to tried and true.

Also, other brands to consider, I've had several people say Michelin pilots as a good 22 tire.

Trying to get prepared for inclement weather and I know these SRAs were sitting in the garage for a reason.

Thanks

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't speak to truck tires for sport, as I run Goodyear ATs and am getting GY Duratracs on Thursday, but in my 330i I ran Toyo Proxes and found that they wore quicker than Michelin Pilot Sports.

OP
OP
Bigskyroadglide

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Thanks, I ended up going with the Goodyear Fortera SL, which was on the truck stock from Ram.

The Fortera SL from Goodyear combines aggressive good looks and street performance, with a well-mannered and comfortable ride quality to give this tire exceptional balance.

All-season tread compound, directional tread pattern and computer-optimized design provide increased traction and grip on both dry and wet road surfaces. Larger shoulder blocks and blading in the center rib add stability and enhance steering response in the corners, as well as straight line accelerationand braking.

I can say, I experienced most of these qualities from running these tires. They were an absolute pain to mount and tested my patience. But balanced out with less than 2 Oz of weight per wheel. No need to road force balance. No shake, no wobble and I tested them at speed both above and below certain posted speeds.

A bit expensive but worth it so far

janemorales

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
We are very pleased with the Maxxis M8008 ST, these Maxxis tires seem to hold up much better than most other tyres. The mileage is only about 20,000 miles but there are no punctures and even very few punctures. The road surface contact is flat and not "rounded".